Vent cover for Reflection 303RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent cover for Reflection 303RLS

First post. ‘24 Reflection 303RLS. I am struggling to identify the proper external vent cover for the bathroom vent fan. Ventline E-Z lift vent w/12v fan installed by GD. Fan has 4 external “mounts “ for installing a vent cover. Purchased Maxxair II but installation does not appear to be simple. Contacted Maxxair and was told that the mounts must be ground off to allow for their mounting brackets to be used. Contacted Ventline and they could not recommend a path forward except that Maxxair should work. GD offered no solution since this is aftermarket. I don’t really want to grind off the mounts or replace the entire assembly at this point. I am attaching photos. Any suggestions or ideas are​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	133115 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0778.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	133116
    Don & Tammy Jenkins w/Barkley & Cooper
    2024 Reflection 303 RLS 2023 Ram 2500 Gas
    Curt Crosswing

DJWolfpack -- welcome to the forum. The Ventline is new (to me) so don't know for sure about a cover, but won't this work? https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...00-933066.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	94
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	133118

Give etrailer a call and I bet they can verify the cover works with the Ventline fan.

Again, welcome!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Looks like you are correct. Narrative says it will fit my fan. We will know in a week or so. Thanks
      Curt Crosswing

Comment

One of my first upgrades was to replace kitchen and bathroom Ventline vents with tiny 4" fans with these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

The power vent lift can be stopped at any height to prevent rain entry. They even can be operated with the vent closed providing some degree of exhaust venting.
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Reacher View Post
          One of my first upgrades was to replace kitchen and bathroom Ventline vents with tiny 4" fans with these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

The power vent lift can be stopped at any height to prevent rain entry. They even can be operated with the vent closed providing some degree of exhaust venting.
          Another new (to me) product! (I think I just didn't know that the "Ventline" is the tiny fan GD installs in some locations.)

How are bugs kept from crawling into the exhaust ports when the fan isn't running?
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Another new (to me) product! (I think I just didn't know that the "Ventline" is the tiny fan GD installs in some locations.)

How are bugs kept from crawling into the exhaust ports when the fan isn't running?
            Great question! Looks like the draft free baffled ports have a screen material glued to them from the inside on mine. I've owned the Fantastic and Maxair fans in other rigs and the fan motors on both brands seem to develop annoying dry bearing squeals after a season or two. Second season with this fan and it's still whisper quiet.
            2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by DJWolfpack View Post
              First post. ‘24 Reflection 303RLS. I am struggling to identify the proper external vent cover for the bathroom vent fan. Ventline E-Z lift vent w/12v fan installed by GD. Fan has 4 external “mounts “ for installing a vent cover. Purchased Maxxair II but installation does not appear to be simple. Contacted Maxxair and was told that the mounts must be ground off to allow for their mounting brackets to be used. Contacted Ventline and they could not recommend a path forward except that Maxxair should work. GD offered no solution since this is aftermarket. I don’t really want to grind off the mounts or replace the entire assembly at this point. I am attaching photos. Any suggestions or ideas are​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	133115 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0778.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	133116
              You want to get the MAX X Air Fanmate 00-955002 vent covers NOT the standard covers. Dont ask me how I know. Amazon has them for $72.04. I just went thru ordering the standard covers to find those same tabs. The 955002 with the clips are SOOOO easy to install makes them almost worth the dbl price of the standard.

Comment

can confirm that the Maxxair original vent cover will in fact attach to the mounts on the Ventline E-Z lift vent fan. That fan is on our 2024 Reflection 303RLS. It did require delicate shaving of the sealant to allow access to the mount holes. Attached are pics showing brackets and finished product.
                Leaving Monday for Gettysburg to attend their Blue Grass Festival. This will be our first significant trip with the new rig.​

Curt Crosswing

Comment

Working...
                X