Leaking Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Windows

Wondering if anyone has seen leaks like this on a rig with similar windows: Double pane, small venting units on main slide ends. Both side are identical and both sides leak on our new to us camper.

As far as I can tell, there are two seals involved and I have had Lippert quote them: These are called: Nosing(235181 RV08609-03) and on the inside where the glass unit closes against, 235016-RM08610-03; 8600- GLASS RUN CHANNEL.

It takes about 2 minutes of rain dripping down the outside of the window to fill up the channel as in the photo. Before I just try to buy more seals(mine APPEAR to be in perfect shape) I thought I would ask. The two seals combined price is a ridiculous $16/foot or so from Lippert.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    2021 Momentum 397TH

doenute

Have you determined if this is a 3000, 8000, or 8800 series window? Regardless, all three of them use, according to Lippert's WINDOW SERIES VARIANT REFERENCE GUIDE, a standard clamp ring installation.

There's multiple videos on Lippert's website that might help with your investigation. The name of one video is Leaking Window Inspection V1. I found it quite informative. This link goes right to the video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gs_rcyQxVg

The rest of the videos (for the 8000 series) are here (look under the Videos tab): https://support.lci1.com/8800-series-windows

Please report back what eventually fixes the leak.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Are there drain holes in the window frame that might be plugged? I had leaks for this reason.

Mike
      Mike & Sonya
      2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
      Blue Ox SwayPro
      2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Thanks Mike, yes there are drain slots. There are two per window and they are all wide open. But interestingly and ironically the outside channel at the slots is bone dry while inside channel is full of water.

I removed inside channel water for attached photo.

it’s almost like there are missing drain holes from the channel at the bottom of window pane out toward the large slit drain in the photo?
        Attached Files
        2021 Momentum 397TH

Comment

I think that water is getting in the top of the window, either the outside seal or the window itself. Get on a ladder and use a garden hose to see if you can get it to leak.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian, your thought made me think of something else. Thank you!

I know it was not from the top of the window assembly(on a ladder) because I made it leak just spraying a few inches above the venting portion before. But, this time I looked ABOVE just the venting portion and there is a seal there as well that I never suspected....and as it turns out, in one of the two leaking windows this seal is actually missing completely. The seal I'm talking about is in the top of picture attached.

It is NOT one of the seals I had Lippert quote before and listed above. Hopefully I have not worn out my welcome with them and they will quote this one!.

Getting closer....

Attached Files
            2021 Momentum 397TH

Comment

Working...
            X