Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning Anchor Repair

Good afternoon,

One of the awnings on my trailer started pulling away from the trailer when it retracts in. It is the screw on the motor end that has stripped out. I did install a screw one size bigger but had the same result. What is the best way to repair the hole or is their some type of anchor that will not create more issues to my trailer?

Thank you in advance for any positive input or solutions.

Originally posted by Sublimmy View Post
    Good afternoon,

One of the awnings on my trailer started pulling away from the trailer when it retracts in. It is the screw on the motor end that has stripped out. I did install a screw one size bigger but had the same result. What is the best way to repair the hole or is their some type of anchor that will not create more issues to my trailer?

What year and model GDRV? (Helps if you'll fill out your signature line as requested in the Welcome Letter.)

Also, what specific model of awning?

A picture of exactly what you're referencing will help to ensure a response is as accurate as possible.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimmy View Post
      Good afternoon,

If the hole is stripped out and that is the only issue you are having, this should be easily repaired. The one challenge will be getting the awning or bracket out of the way so you can access the outer wall to make the repair. I have fixed many stripped holes with two part epoxy and a softwood dowel. If the original installer missed the stud disregard the rest of this reply. Oversize the hole with a drill bit to match the size of dowel you plan to glue into the hole. Stick the dowel in the hole and mark it with a knife, cut to length then glue it in there. Once the epoxy cures pre-drill for the screw you will be using.

As Howard said, Pictures Help.
      Trib
      2019 Freightliner Cascadia 126
      2021 Momentum 320G
      2021 Road Glide Limited
      See you down the road!!

Comment

Working...
      X