Back up camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Rich- View Post
    How did this installation go? And, would you recommend this camera?

Thanks,

The problem with a 2600rb is the upper center marker light is just above the camera mounting area. Mounted with just the adapter plate I couldn't angle the camera far enough up to be useful. I had to add some pressure treated offsets. That would have worked fine except the dummies at the factory mounted the original plate with the screws coming in at an angle instead of straight in like they should have been. I made it all work but I'm not thrilled with it. I'm scared to redo for fear I might get water leaking down in the wall. Maybe this spring I'll tackle a redo. Also I got the 7" monitor which gives a big view but is really large for mounting up by the windshield/on the dash.

In hind sight I should have just gotten the Furrion camera with 5" monitor.

The wires that were there worked. They went to the marker light like they should.

​​​​​
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

How did this installation go? And, would you recommend this camera?
      I'm running a RD5 Haloview. The 5" monitor is plenty big in my opinion and tucks nicely into the left corner of the windshield. You just need to glance at the screen when concerned about traffic and lane change. Any longer might result in motion sickness.
      It installed easily enough but I have a different model trailer.
      Robert and Chris
      2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
      2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

y'alls are talking me into the Furrion, darn it.

I like to have choices.
        Rich and Sara

2019 Ford F150 Platinum
        2021 Imagine 2600RB

I plan to live forever. So far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post

The problem with a 2600rb is the upper center marker light is just above the camera mounting area. Mounted with just the adapter plate I couldn't angle the camera far enough up to be useful.​​​​​

Never mind, I answered my own question. The RD camera is totally different.
          Last edited by Capt Bob; 12-22-2020, 03:16 PM.
          Robert and Chris

Comment

y'alls are talking me into the Furrion, darn it.

I like to have choices.
            You do if you want to use the RD model of the Haloview camera.
            Robert and Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cchatl33 View Post
              Which backup camera do you prefer if you have one? Easy install possibly wireless for new GD owners ?
              As others have pointed out, understand that the Backup and Observation Camera Systems are two different animals. It’s far more important to me to see who/what is directly (same lane as me) behind me when driving down the highway (especially when needing to change lanes) for hours at a time than the few minutes it takes to back up, when needed. I highly recommend the Furrion Observation Camera, I’m on my second model and have no complaints. Good luck, travel safe. 🚌
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
              GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
              SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Installation of the Furrion observation camera takes about five minutes and was by far the most convenient option. The Furrion camera works best over the road when trying to move back into the right lane after avoiding confused or frighten folks moving up the on-ramps. Also great for passing slow traffic such as a semi's on steep grades. For backing into the campsite, my preference is still the DW while using either our cell phones or walkie talkies to communicate. Her being there is the best option when backing in since the camera will have blind spots such as the roof line with respect to tree branches.
                There are other units with better resolution but its really not needed IMO.
                Jim

Comment

Hello - we are new owners of a 2021 Imagine 2970RL. It came equpped with the rear camera mount. We now want to purchase the camera but are not sure which one to get. I understand it is prewired for the Furion but I've seen a lot of posts that the Haloview is better. I am also assuming I need the observation system not just back-up cam. Can I get some valid pros and cons to help me make my decision??

Comment

Originally posted by cchatl33 View Post
                    Which backup camera do you prefer if you have one? Easy install possibly wireless for new GD owners ?
                    I use the Furrion 7S single rear observation camera system. Super plug-and-play to GD models, just remember to keep your headlights on while driving. Good luck.
                    Dave and Sue
                    2020 GD 2250RK
                    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by evamata View Post
                      Hello - we are new owners of a 2021 Imagine 2970RL. It came equpped with the rear camera mount. We now want to purchase the camera but are not sure which one to get. I understand it is prewired for the Furion but I've seen a lot of posts that the Haloview is better. I am also assuming I need the observation system not just back-up cam. Can I get some valid pros and cons to help me make my decision??
                      Use caution, (unless something has changed) there is the back up model and a rear observation model. I’ve never understood the back up only models, when the rear observation models do both. My Furrion 7S is EXCELLENT. Just remember to drive with your headlights on.
                      Last edited by Schiefswret; 03-27-2021, 08:11 PM.
                      Dave and Sue
                      2020 GD 2250RK
                      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

We just got a 2021 Transcend 260RB and having had the Furrion with the 4.3" monitor on our Winnabago Micro Minnie we got the 7" with side view cameras for our Transcend. The 4.3" monitor was pretty much worthless to me. The glare during the day made it impossible to see things so we never used it. The new side cameras will help when changing lanes and bigger monitor will be halepful. It's due to arrive at the end of the month.
                        John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
                        2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
                        ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
                        2017 Jayco 26BH
                        2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

I use the Furrion 7S single rear observation camera system. Super plug-and-play to GD models, just remember to keep your headlights on while driving. Good luck.
                          Do you have problem with glare when driving during the day?

Comment

No, none whatsoever. I did have some glare when using the smaller 4.2” screen but none with the larger screen.
                            Dave and Sue
                            2020 GD 2250RK
                            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Check out my post #14 above. My ONLY complaint about the Furrion S7 is that I have a very difficult time seeing it during the daytime. (which is the only time I drive).

Bob
                              Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
                              2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by Gadiy View Post
                                I picked up my new camper 2 weeks ago which is also hardwired for Furrion. Today I installed a Haloview camera. It took about 3 hours with much of that spent experimenting with the mount. I choose Haloview based on the reviews I saw on YouTube and the web.
                                Do you have any connection issues with the Holoview? According to their website, the camera only works up to 33ft, and with a 36' camper I'm looking at closer to 45' feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X