Awning issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning issue

I have 2 Carefree of Colorado side awnings on our 2019 381M. The main awning is controlled through One Control. Sometimes it will deploy fully without interruption, but sometimes it will go out about a third then stop. I may or may not be able to connect through my phone and make it move. It seems to be a One Control issue. After waiting a bit it will work again. Has anybody had this issue?
    2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

My first guess would be the motor is getting hot and cutting off. This could be due to the awning not being able to extend retract very easily. I say this because my buddy just went through one H#$$ of a storm that ripped his awning while traveling down the road. When he went to close it manually he had to lubricate the joints just to be able to move it freely. Don't know if that had something to do with storm slightly bending one of the arms (no visual evidence of such) or it just was in that bad need of lubricating.

The second place to start would be the control board where the one touch is connected to. This is usually found in the curb side basement behind the left wall (your stairwell). There you will find the physical connections that you could jumper to run the awning in/out to see if it is the touch pad, or the actual circuit or motor.
    Brady & Steph
    2019 Momentum 351m FBP
    2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
    *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
    *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

Originally posted by TENN22 View Post
      My first guess would be the motor is getting hot and cutting off. This could be due to the awning not being able to extend retract very easily. I say this because my buddy just went through one H#$$ of a storm that ripped his awning while traveling down the road. When he went to close it manually he had to lubricate the joints just to be able to move it freely. Don't know if that had something to do with storm slightly bending one of the arms (no visual evidence of such) or it just was in that bad need of lubricating.

The second place to start would be the control board where the one touch is connected to. This is usually found in the curb side basement behind the left wall (your stairwell). There you will find the physical connections that you could jumper to run the awning in/out to see if it is the touch pad, or the actual circuit or motor.
      After more experimenting I don't think the motor is getting hot. It seems to be logic related. If I wake up the tablet and control lights, etc first it typically won't happen. If I wake up the tablet, then immediately click to extend or retract it will stop nearly every time. When it does stop it's 50/50 if the phone app will make it move.

I suppose I need to put a meter on the signal wire from one control to the relay controlling the awning. I'll probably wire in a rocker switch if this is the problem. The more I use one control the more I don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by motocamper View Post

After more experimenting I don't think the motor is getting hot. It seems to be logic related. If I wake up the tablet and control lights, etc first it typically won't happen. If I wake up the tablet, then immediately click to extend or retract it will stop nearly every time. When it does stop it's 50/50 if the phone app will make it move.

I suppose I need to put a meter on the signal wire from one control to the relay controlling the awning. I'll probably wire in a rocker switch if this is the problem. The more I use one control the more I don't like it.
        If you watch Keep Your Daydream it was one of Marc's first gripes about his new Momentum--couldn't figure out how to get the a/c turned off using the One Control. You can hear him say, "Just give me an on/off switch!" as he fumbles with the controls. (He had a 312BHTS prior to the Momentum.)
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The problem is they try figure things out with a camera in their hand most of the time and try to walk through the steps while narrating rather than put the camera down and understand how it works. A push on the pad is no different than flicking a switch. It's just understanding how it's laid out. The problem they was most likely had the fan on and not in auto. Something people would frequently do with the regular thermostats. Remember all the "how come my a/c is running" questions somewhere else?
          Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
          2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
          2020 Momentum 351M
          2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I am with them on the thermostats. Too many layers and button presses to do something simple like adjust the temperature or flip on a light. I like One Control for the extra function, but it is cumbersome at best. I am going to be adding manual switches for my lights and main awning. I did add Alexa so I can control my lights without getting up or pulling out my phone. I wish that I could tie some nest thermostats into my AC's.....first world problems.

Comment

Working...
            X