Bad haze and swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad haze and swirls

Purchased the camper a week ago. Previous owner hired a gent that waxed it and pretty much slipping wax everywhere and it did not buff out. Looks bad. I experimented with washing with Dawn, nothing. Spray wax and wiping down HARD, nothing. I am now with a power buffer and a 3M product with mild abrasives. Sort of working, but wow what a bunch of effort. Still leaves some swirls.. I think Gelcoat is fine since only 4-5 years old. Going over it by by hand with Collinite 476s. Any novel ideas? I am pretty much solo doing this and am looking at options. I have a pretty good attention span one time around a 38’ camper. So/so the second time, and SEVERELY DISINTERESTED, on the 3rd round trip. Thanks.
    Tom Boucher
    2012 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Turbo Diesel Crew-cab “Bid Red aka Fat Bottom Girl”
    2014 Grand Design Reflection 323BHS “Big Phat Sally”

Update. After using the buffer with a 3M agent to knock down the old wax and haze, freshly applied wax would not buff out without extreme effort. I decided to use some Mother’s Micro Polishing Glaze as a wipe on and wipe off prep. What a difference the base coat of Mother’s did. Wax now applies nicely and buffs Right out. Problem may be solved.
    Tom Boucher
    2012 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Turbo Diesel Crew-cab “Bid Red aka Fat Bottom Girl”
    2014 Grand Design Reflection 323BHS “Big Phat Sally”

Comment

Tom

I am glad you may have found a solution. You have to be getting tired of waxing by now. It sure will look nice when you are done. During the year I just use a Meguirers spay wax to keep ours clean and shiny, I also use a wash/wax when washing , helps to keep it looking nice thru the year. Once a year I put a good coat of wax on , and I do not like to do that, takes all day.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

• Big Red
        Big Red commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, tired of waxing lol. Finished it yesterday day morning. Looks look like new. It was amazing what the polishing glaze did. I paid a lot of attention to areas up high that seemed neglected. All in all I don’t think the camper really ever received a good wax job. Just like you said Brian now it’s a matter of just spray waxing touching up and keeping it clean through the year in doing another good wax job next year.
    Working...
    X