Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended wireless backup cameras for 303RLS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended wireless backup cameras for 303RLS?

I understand there is a backup camera prep area at the top back of the 5th wheel. Does it have 12V power nearby? Any recommended camera manufacturers? Anyone know if GMC truck cab displays can accept another video input?

We had a Furrion camera installed in the prep area of our 2018 303 - the wires are there for hookup. The trailer lights must be on in order to power the camera - it's wireless and we have the received in the truck.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, 2015 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 18k Pullrite Superglide, Tartan Campers: Lorna, Eric and Furball Finnan. "We're no awa' tae bide awa'." https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/smilies//26_17_3.gif

Comment

Just use caution when mounting a camera in the "pre-wired" area on the rv. There are many that the camera was "ON" all the time, some were wired into ceiling lights or kitchen fan , others like mine I have know idea where the power came from. If your camera is on all the time it is an easy fix to remove the mount and wire to the above marker light.
      The camera I have is the Furrion FOS48TAPk-BL, there is a new model but I do not know the number. Be sure to get the back up and observation camera , this helps when traveling to be able to see what is going on behind you. Ours is wireless and works very well at highway speed. I believe the 2020 model GM products will have a way to have a wireless camera but not sure.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
      X