Water input mod on Imagine 2400BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water input mod on Imagine 2400BH

I installed a flow meter, basic Camco water filter, and pressure regulator right beside the water inlet in my storage bay. Now all I have to do, whether filling my water tank at home, at the campsite, or connecting to "city water", is just connect the hose and watch it fill to 200L. The cheap carbon filter should catch the big pollutants that may linger in the water pipes, and with the flow meter I can make sure I fill the tank without waiting for the overflow to engage and siphon 1/4 tank of water out.

And I also attached a 3M Command hook for the water hose by the outdoor kitchen. Does a great job keeping the hose out of the dirt.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH - 340W solar, Victron 100/20 MPPT & BMV-712, 12v/100ah BattleBorn GC2, MORryde CRE3000 & HD shackle w/ wet bolts.
    2017 F150 Lariat, 3.5EB - Andersen WDH, & SumoSprings

formerly: 2016 Starcraft Launch 19BHS, 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Nice clean install. Looks like it is easy to change the filter when needed. We were camping last weekend. The first two days water pressure was fine , full hook ups , Friday when the place got full I noticed a drop in pressure and thought it was because everyone was using it. Sunday when we left I remove the filter from the spigot , same filter you are using , and noticed on the input side with the screen a lot of "gunk" in the screen. No doubt that this was causing the flow restriction. I always run water thru the hose before hooking up filter and RV. I am guessing that with a full campground that something broke loose in the water lines and moved on down the pipes. We have camped here plenty of times with no problems.

You could add a valve to the over flow on the fresh water tank to stop the syphoning while traveling , just remember to open when filling and using.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X