• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best way to remove sap from the exterior

what is the safest way to remove sap from the exterior

Originally posted by Vitt View Post
    First I want to welcome you to the forum , you have posted your question here in the New Member section.

I would use a bug and tar remover or maybe the black streak remover. After cleaning this I would definitely wax the places where you used this cleaner, it will remove the wax that is already there. Work in small areas and do not allow the cleaner you use to dry , it may get more difficult to get off. Also take caution when cleaning on the decals , they are not as tough as the painted surfaces.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

There are dedicated sap removal products. For glass and dry sap a razor blade will remove it completely.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nanoskin-...10070301008005

Comment

Originally posted by Vitt View Post
        I'm a fan of Mike from the Youtube Channel Sweet Project Cars. Here's his take on how to remove tree sap:

Edit Guest has a great point in post #6--removing sap from paint is one thing, removing sap from your roof is all together another animal. Do NOT use anything other than Alpha Systems-recommended cleaners on your roof.
        Last edited by howson; 08-17-2019, 09:56 AM.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Denatured alcohol will take it off quickly. Cheap and easy. Just need to reapply whatever wax or protectant you normally use.
          2019 Solitude 384GK-R.

Comment

We may want to be careful if the OP is removing sap from the Alpha roof. This would require extra care in not harming the TPO membrane.

Comment

• howson
              howson commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent point. I amended my post with your caution.
          Working...
          X