Slide Out Topper for 240RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Out Topper for 240RL

Is this a factory-installed slide topper rail or just a gutter? It has gutter extensions on each end. Looking to add a slide topper over this slide. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_152431 (1).jpg
Views:	672
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	32319
    2021 Reflection 240RL
    2020 Ram 2500

My toppers were installed using this rail. It is important to have the rail installed into the side frame work or into a metal backing.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by curtisbowers View Post
      Is this a factory-installed slide topper rail or just a gutter? It has gutter extensions on each end. Looking to add a slide topper over this slide. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_152431 (1).jpg
Views:	672
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	32319
      I agree with Brian--that's a slide topper rail. Lucky you! The rail installation is the toughest part of the install IMO.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I guess I will have to just pull the gutter extensions out of the way. I didn't see a way to remove one of them, to slide that end of the topper through the rail. Has anyone installed a topper with the gutter extension obstructing the rail?
        2021 Reflection 240RL
        2020 Ram 2500

Comment

I guess I will have to just pull the gutter extensions out of the way. I didn't see a way to remove one of them, to slide that end of the topper through the rail. Has anyone installed a topper with the gutter extension obstructing the rail?
          When I installed Solera toppers there was a screw driven through the rail to secure the fabric in place. Could there be a similar screw holding the gutter in place? If so, remove the screw and slide the gutter extension out of the rail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screw.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	32342

--break--

GDRV-Mariah -- can you verify the brand of topper compatible with the rail installed on curtisbowers 240RL? I assume it's a Lippert Solera, but would appreciate a confirmation. If required the VIN is in the profile. TIA!

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Behind the plastic cover above the gutter section of the rail is a line of screws for attachment. The end screw is "suppose" to hold the downspout in place. The downspout actually fell off of the gutter on ours , the back gutter , as it did not have a screw holding it in place. Carefully pull back the plastic cover and remove the screw , install topper and re-install downspout. Remember to seal the screw.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X