Metal RV Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal RV Cover

I am contemplating a metal cover for my 295RL (32.9Long/12.3High) which when not in use is parked in east/west direction and would like to ask for recommendations on dimensions for said cover. I can build a cover without a building permit as long as no more than three sides are enclosed. Consideration: being that the trailer is parked east/west it would get morning sun on the front cap and the sun on the back wall.

OTapia295
    I have my Reflection in a metal cover.(2018, 303).
    14’ wide x 36’ long. Side Walls are 12’, with the peak at 15’.
    With 14’ wide, I hang the 5er over a bit from center, so I can get the Refrigerator Slide out fully in the barn for loading/unloading.
    This barn is open to the North only, so very little sun gets on the 5er.
    The Sun is a killer, so the more cover you can get from the sun, the better.

Attached Files
    Steve
    2018 Reflection 303
    2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
    Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Would your county consider a roll up tarp on the front a "wall"? This may be a way around covering the front from the sun.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by OTapia295 View Post
        I am contemplating a metal cover for my 295RL (32.9Long/12.3High) which when not in use is parked in east/west direction and would like to ask for recommendations on dimensions for said cover. I can build a cover without a building permit as long as no more than three sides are enclosed. Consideration: being that the trailer is parked east/west it would get morning sun on the front cap and the sun on the back wall.
        For our 297RSTS we have a 41LX18WX12H (sides) metal storage building. The sides are only 1/3 covered from the top and the back has a gable end. We wanted one that would allow us to extend both slides when under the shelter, it faces south so the cap does get some sun through the day, mainly in the winter as the sun is lower in the sky. The roof, in my mind the weakest link in any RV, never gets any sun and trees prevent any sunshine on the sides.
        Tim and Terri,
        USAF Retired/Veteran.
        F350 DRW Towing a Solitude 390RK-R

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Would your county consider a roll up tarp on the front a "wall"? This may be a way around covering the front from the sun.

Brian
          I'm thinking it would be okay as a tarp is not permanent.

Comment

Working...
          X