Door issues new 2910ML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door issues new 2910ML

I am having door issues with my new 2910ML - Best description is that it feels sprung - Wont close from inside - bottom hinge flexes outward and rub marks on the step. I say new because the only place it has been in the month of ownership is back to the dealer - dealer sent a warranty request and waiting on Lippert ( I believe) not much communication from dealer. Also water inside the front storage area. Very frustrating and not what I would expect from this level of a new RV. I recognize all new RV's have some issues. But my issues seem to be larger ones. More worried about the water intrusion resulting in long term problems. I am giving them the opportunity to make this right and will see what happens, but for now it is unusable and taking up space in the driveway.

Originally posted by aheikes View Post
    I am having door issues with my new 2910ML - Best description is that it feels sprung - Wont close from inside - bottom hinge flexes outward and rub marks on the step. I say new because the only place it has been in the month of ownership is back to the dealer - dealer sent a warranty request and waiting on Lippert ( I believe) not much communication from dealer. Also water inside the front storage area. Very frustrating and not what I would expect from this level of a new RV. I recognize all new RV's have some issues. But my issues seem to be larger ones. More worried about the water intrusion resulting in long term problems. I am giving them the opportunity to make this right and will see what happens, but for now it is unusable and taking up space in the driveway.
    I've moved your post to it's own thread as the other one was for a 2800BH.

This forum is specifically geared towards the "DIY" type, regardless of warranty status. Don't get me wrong--I sympathize with the problems you're having with a new unit--but is there anything you'd like to do yourself? That's the purpose for this forum--owners helping other owners.

If a DIY fix is not a possibility or you prefer the dealer that's fine. (No judgment!) At minimum I suggest calling Grand Design Customer Service and ensure the issues you're having are documented against your VIN should there be something later that needs addressing. Their contact info is on the "business card" on this forum's home page.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X