Storage with RV Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage with RV Cover

Finally got around to putting the Imagine away and wanted to share my storage method (after winterization). I use a custom cover from Calmark cover company which fits like a glove. Its good to get help installing it since that glove like fit can be a challenge but its not over the top. For those wondering about the Winegard antenna and how it may cut into a cover I included photos of my antenna/cover protector, made from pink foam from Home Depot. I cut a 4x8 sheet of foam in strips and used 3M M77 contact spray glue to built up the antenna cage. Also use swimming pool storage pillows under the cover. This will create a peak to prevent standing snow and water.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    I use a custom cover from Calmark cover company which fits like a glove.
    What did you deal with the gutter extensions, Jim? I assume the Imagine line has them....
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard,

I cut 8-10 inches of 3/4 pipe insulation and slip this over the gutter spouts. A little duct tape tightly wrapped around the pipe insulation at the base of the gutter spout holds it firmly in place. You can see the pipe insulation bent down under the cover in the attached picture.

Also the advantage of a custom cover is the lack of movement once its installed so there is no abrasion.

Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 11-10-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Looks good Jim. Its a sad time of year when the RV has to get put a way for the winter. Spring will be here soon enough.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you Brian.

These Michigan winters just seem to be getting longer (and more painful, literally) for some reason. We're looking forward to retirement so we can snow bird to warm weather for a few months.

Jim

Comment

Nicely done, Jim ! Great use of the pillows and foam antenna build idea. Are the pillows held down anyway or just lay loose ?

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Dan,

The pillows are laying loose where care needs to be taken to not move them in a bad location while dragging the cover around. Definitely need to install the cover on the back end first then work across the roof to position the pillows. Follow this up by dropping the cover over the front.
              This will be year four on the cover where I will re-seal it in the spring.

Jim

Comment

Cover one day later is under 7 inches of snow.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                  Cover one day later is under 7 inches of snow.

Jim
                  Hey Jim - post another picture(s) with the snow if you would be so kind.

Dan
                  Dan & Carol

Comment

Dan,

Here you go. From the snow on the recycle bin, looks like we may have received more than 7 inches. Its also very cold here at 15F right now. For those folks in warm weather, look at what your missing. Lol.

The pool pillows will compress ( and shrink due to temp) but will greatly aid in the run off from melting snow, then the cover will return back to normal.

Jim
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Same early storm and bone chilling cold a couple of hundred miles east of Dan. (We are still a couple of weeks from heading for Florida . . . yikes!)
                      The wind has knocked some of the snow accumulation off the roof of the RV but the more wind protected areas like the roof of the garage to the right of the trailer or the deck railing in the other picture have a good 6" or more of snow accumulation . . . and it is still snowing!

Rob
                      Attached Files
                      Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob,

I figured you would be in Florida by now. The snow and cold has come early this year and ITS NOT WELCOME! When I was young we were big into snowmobiles and could not wait for this, but those days are long gone. We really like the heat these days.

Jim

Comment

Guest is this the first time with the new cover? I did a Carver cover the first year my Solitude went into storage and the wrap-over straps caused some unusual wear where they wrapped over the EPDM roof. I loved the cover but had to cover the wear spots with Eternabond strips. Next year I went with a different cover.

I love the fit you have on your Imagine. Was this a custom cover from Calmark or did you order from stock covers? Did you order directly from Calmark or through a third-party supplier?

Thanks,
                          Lyle
                          Barb, Lyle and the two four-legged kids
                          2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
                          2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Lyle,

My Calmark cover was a custom order and was purchased directly from them. They will provide you with a measurement sheet to fill out and they will make the cover to your dimensions, with enough extra material to install it without too much fuss. With the use of the pool pillows and the fact that the cover fits tight, I've had no abrasion issues on the trailer or cover for three winters. I'm now into the forth winter.

The cover was $900.00 shipped to my door.

https://calmarkcovers.com/

Jim

Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Don't worry guys - warmer weather consistent with norms or even a little above is on the way for the next couple of weeks or more. Generally it moves east and south and appears to be the projection this time as well. Rvs and snow pictures just don't seem like a good mix unless of course you are Dallas working a ski resort !

Dan
                              Dan & Carol

Comment

Working...
                              X