awning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JCR GD View Post

When mine was doing this I slide the fabric about 1/4" in the channel and it cured the problem.
    Hi Jim,

That’s a good idea! Could be enough to counter the “spiral wind” . . . particularly if you catch it early. I will try this.
    Remember to watch the other end too. If you shift the fabric to counter the spiral on one end, you might create one on the other end.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hey Rob,

In my case I slide the whole awning a 1/4" (moved fairly easy) and that squared it up just enough to compensate for whatever was causing uneven rolling.
      Jim (& Sharon)
      2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
      2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
      The toys:
      2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
      2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

I know this is an older post but I'm now running into this issue. When will this end??

Fabric looks straight but I do have a weak gas strut at the front and am wondering if this is adding to the uneven winding in this case, since the forces would be different from one end to the other.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X