Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you with 3 season doors in a Momentum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you with 3 season doors in a Momentum...

Before I pull the trigger I'm wondering how "3 season" they are. We live in Colorado and it routinely is in the 50's overnight or even colder all summer. Are they double pane? Thoughts on insulation when it's cold enough to be running the furnace? If it doesn't allow us to keep the patio open I'll probably save the money and buy bug nets instead. If they're insulate enough to be ok in the low 50's and not constantly run the furnace I'm definitely interested!
    2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
    2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
    x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

I can’t help you as far as if they are worth the money. The glass is just single pane on ours. The fit is by no means air tight. It is around 37 here tonight, calm wind and we have the patio down. There is a marginal difference on the heat having to work harder. We have added curtains to ours, which does seem to add some extra insulation.
    2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
    Traded 2021 Reflection 337
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
    Formerly M&K337

Comment

Originally posted by NickinCO View Post
      Before I pull the trigger I'm wondering how "3 season" they are. We live in Colorado and it routinely is in the 50's overnight or even colder all summer. Are they double pane? Thoughts on insulation when it's cold enough to be running the furnace? If it doesn't allow us to keep the patio open I'll probably save the money and buy bug nets instead. If they're insulate enough to be ok in the low 50's and not constantly run the furnace I'm definitely interested!
      They provide little insulative value. If the outside air temp is in the 50's, that's about what you'll feel through the doors. There are many small gaps throughout.

At night we almost always close the back. Main reason is because our kids sleep on the "bunks" and the "security" of the doors is primitive.

With the back door closed we've slept well in weather down to about 20 degrees. With the back dropped it would have been like sleeping in a tent. The furnace does provide some warmth, but the cold coming through the back will win....especially if there a cold wind coming through.

However, I'm glad we have them. The kids would have ruined the screen if we had just the hanging screen. We do love dropping the back, dropping the windows and letting the light, breeze and sounds come through during the day. For that reason alone I like them.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

NickinCO if you do end up getting these and installing them, make sure you install the doors exactly horizontal (or really, really close) or the doors will have issues opening and closing.
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
        X