How to Remove Cargo Storage Door Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Remove Cargo Storage Door Frame

I need to remove the cargo storage door frame on my 2022 Transcend XPLOR 245RL travel trailer so I can remove and replace a damaged lower side panel just above the fender skirt. See the attached picture. The frame around the door looks like it is plastic so I don't want to accidentally break it. Any advice on removing it would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Galaxyboy View Post
    I need to remove the cargo storage door frame on my 2022 Transcend XPLOR 245RL travel trailer so I can remove and replace a damaged lower side panel just above the fender skirt. See the attached picture. The frame around the door looks like it is plastic so I don't want to accidentally break it. Any advice on removing it would be appreciated.
    There should be screws in the frame around the opening, visible when you open the door, to remove then there looks like a bead of caulking around the perimeter that you will have to deal with, carefully cut with a razor blade, then the frame and door should pop right out. Clean all of the silicone caulking off of the frame and around the opening on the siding , replace the door and frame assembly then re-caulk around the perimeter as it was before and you will be all done.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Agreed with the method above. HOWEVER, you may find that the silicone on the edge is barely attached, attempt to lightly pull the frame out.

For reinstall, skip the foam tape and silicone and go with something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FI5TT72...sprefix=butyl+ I had one leak that was replaced on a previous unit. pulled frame after caulk failed (non installed by repair dealer) and used the butyl tape. Only issue was I had to use quick grip type clamps to use the same holes that were already there. That thing never moved and definitely never stood a chance for leaking.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X