Shakedown cruise of our 2670MK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakedown cruise of our 2670MK

We're Fred & Joan of South Carolina, transitioning from our Wonder 24MB motorhome to this 32 foot travel trailer. We have lots to pick up from forum members as it's been many years since we traveled in a TT. Looking forward to many miles of new adventures!
    2022 Ford F150 SuperCrew V6 Eco-boost with Max Towing PKG pushed by our 2022 Imagine 2670mk.
    Last edited by howson; 02-04-2023, 07:11 AM.

Welcome, glad to have you join us here.

If you want to change your username, email is not recommended, let a Moderator know and we can do that for you.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by jfredinsc@gmail.com View Post
      We're Fred & Joan of South Carolina, transitioning from our Wonder 24MB motorhome to this 32 foot travel trailer. We have lots to pick up from forum members as it's been many years since we traveled in a TT. Looking forward to many miles of new adventures!
      2022 Ford F150 SuperCrew V6 Eco-boost with Max Towing PKG pushed by our 2022 Imagine 2670mk.
      Glad to have you on the forum. Is there a reason that you have a thumbs down in the title that you need help with?

Rob
      Rob & Barb
      2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

OMG - thumbs down was an error! Will see if I can correct post.

Comment

OMG - thumbs down was an error! Will see if I can correct post.
          I fixed it for you.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It appears to me that this Forum has so much information that it's overwhelming to a new owner such as myself. Is there a Basic information source for information that should be in the Owners Manual but isn't? For example:
            1. When the Battery Disconnect Switch is OFF, can the house batteries be charged using a generator when there is no shore power available?
            2022 Ford F150 SuperCrew V6 Eco-boost with Max Towing PKG pushed by our 2022 Imagine 2670mk

Comment

It appears to me that this Forum has so much information that it's overwhelming to a new owner such as myself. Is there a Basic information source for information that should be in the Owners Manual but isn't? For example:
              1. When the Battery Disconnect Switch is OFF, can the house batteries be charged using a generator when there is no shore power available?
              2022 Ford F150 SuperCrew V6 Eco-boost with Max Towing PKG pushed by our 2022 Imagine 2670mk
              Unfortunately, no. The Reference Library (there's a library for each subject area) is an attempt to put the best of this forum's information in one location but it's far from perfect.

The best tip I can share is how to search. Don't use this forum's search engine, use Google or DuckDuckGo. Enter the keywords for the topic of interest and then restrict the search engine's results to this forum by adding site: gdrvowners.com at the endof the search string.

Check out the Forum Use channel for more tips and tricks on using this forum.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

To answer your specific question . . . the battery switch must be in the ON position for the RV converter (battery charger) to charge the battery if electricity is supplied through a shorepower connection or by way of plugging the RV into a generator. In a modern RV, there are so many things that bypass this switch, the need for it to be there at all is questionable. There is really no need to ever turn this switch off (despite advice to do this from some dealers). This switch should be ON whenever you are using the RV and a cable should be disconnected at the battery terminals if the RV is in storage.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X