new member , first time grand design owner 22mle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member , first time grand design owner 22mle

we just purchased a used grand design 22mle , will be picking it up sometime in april when the snow starts going away. we have always had 2 campers , one small one and one big 5th wheel. we combined the two and settled on the 26 foot grand design 22mle. the 2022 grand design we purchased is an early 22 so it still has the gas/electric fridge and the 2021 graphics. we always dry camp so the gas fridge seemed a better fit for us , plus always parked under trees so never much solar to charge the batteries. i do plan on adding 3 or 4 solar panels and already have 2 6 volt batteries plus have 2 30lb propane tanks. we usually cook outside, coleman gas stove and a dutch oven. will check back in once we go pick it up and get it back home.
    2022 imagine 22mle 2014 ram 2500 6.4 hemi

Originally posted by max2bob View Post
    we just purchased a used grand design 22mle , will be picking it up sometime in april when the snow starts going away. we have always had 2 campers , one small one and one big 5th wheel. we combined the two and settled on the 26 foot grand design 22mle. the 2022 grand design we purchased is an early 22 so it still has the gas/electric fridge and the 2021 graphics. we always dry camp so the gas fridge seemed a better fit for us , plus always parked under trees so never much solar to charge the batteries. i do plan on adding 3 or 4 solar panels and already have 2 6 volt batteries plus have 2 30lb propane tanks. we usually cook outside, coleman gas stove and a dutch oven. will check back in once we go pick it up and get it back home.
    Very cool. I've always liked the layout of the 22MLE. I think you'll enjoy it. Welcome to the group!
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Welcome, glad to have you join us here.

I really like your cooking set up, old school is cool.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

thank you !!

Comment

Welcome to the group. Love the old coleman stoves.

Just how many times have you been in that spot, and how many times did you have to move the camper to get the awning arms between the trees?
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I like the setup for cooking as well since we don't cook inside. I am curious about the box the stove sits on. Any info on that?
            Bill & Cindy
            2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
            SE Texas

Comment

Is that a https://www.amazon.com/Yoke-Kitchen-...78508402&psc=1 ?
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                that looks exactly like the one we have, did not realize they still made it. we purchased ours back in the 90's so it has been awhile. we bought if for tent camping back then and i still love to use it, we keep it in the back of the truck. . i do not remember how much it took to get the awning between the trees , that trailer was really easy to push around.

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
                  Welcome to the forum. I like the setup for cooking as well since we don't cook inside. I am curious about the box the stove sits on. Any info on that?
                  it is the one that Jlawles2​ posted from amazon though we purchased ours back in the 90s i think from campmor. it is really handy as we keep it in the back of the truck and i can slip outside early in the morning and all my coffee making supplies are in the box. Click image for larger version

Name:	64864169_2091588984285613_1076162660841553920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Y2NE4PcGa7AAX-OHe9g&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=00_AfBshAxjHMDuOXYHGqiQE_Oiv7FCEsEafJFkTAhoeNKKUw&oe=640F5B25.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	105421

Comment

I truly made a while guess in the google search engine and that thing popped up. Now I was extremely surprised by the price, and even more to lear that yours is probably over 20 years old.

Growing up, Mom's dad made a box for the back of the station wagon for when they tent camped. It fit perfectly up the rear gate and was a tight fit. Held enough stuff for a family of 7 for a couple of days. About 1 year after I was born they dumped the tent and bought the first PopUP (Apache the BIGGEST one) that would sleep supposedly 8 (since there was 7 of us). Don't know how many miles that thing had on it, but lets just say it saw most of the western US. This is the color and about what I remember the inside looking like. https://www.outdoorsy.com/rv-rental/...105511-listing
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Welcome to the group.
                      The descriptions reminded me of my first memories of camping. Coleman stove, Ice boxes, lumpy mattresses, gnats.
                      Dad was into antique cars and we had a 1922 Chenango trailer.
                      Similar to this one:
                      https://www.pinterest.com/pin/chenan...5599122078929/
                      My how times have changed.
                      2022 Momentum 381MS
                      2024 F-350 Platinum DRW
                      Reese Elite 27K Puck System
                      Garmin RV890 & DashCam 57

Comment

Working...
                      X