Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 260RD Slam Latch Door

Hello - new to the forum.
    Recently purchased a 2023 Reflection 260RD. Front Slam Latch Door does not close tight (Not water tight). Door latches closed but one side is not against seal. My question is - Is there an adjustment for this? Id rather fix this myself.

Thanks,

Steve Thompson
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 260RD
    2020 Silverado 2500 Duramax
    Steve Thompson
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 260RD

Originally posted by realchance View Post
    Recently purchased a 2023 Reflection 260RD. Front Slam Latch Door does not close tight (Not water tight). Door latches closed but one side is not against seal. My question is - Is there an adjustment for this? Id rather fix this myself.

Thanks,

Steve Thompson
    Hi Steve--welcome to the forum. Noted that was your first post and you tried to get the signature line right...so I entered it for you.

For the door problem: can you post a picture or two of the door closed and also of the hinge area? Usually the door and it's frame are one piece, thus I'm surprised to read the description that the door won't close but the frame is apparently installed correctly in the wall?

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks,

Steve Thompson
      Hi, welcome! Are you talking about the front pass-thru slam door? When I bought my 280RS we had an issue with the passenger side puss thru door being bent inward, sort of concave like someone pressed too hard on it. Ours still seals, as far as I know, but they are replacing it next week. They told me the door comes as a unit with the hatch trim ring, not sure if I'm using the right terminology. I was hoping to just swap the door - simple, but no. I discovered the bow with the door hatch open and eyeballing along the door like a piece of lumber and it was bowed inward. I think they are just aluminum skinned sandwiched foam board and not too rugged.

On a related issue with the door hatch trim frames, they are aluminum and I have dented mine with totes and had to re-straighten them a few times. I think I will make some sort of protector to lay over it to keep from banging up my hatch trim (pvc U-channel or something).
      2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

Comment

Thanks for the responses ! And thanks Howson for correcting my signature line. 👍
        This is the pass thru door. I've attached a video of the door. Hopefully this attached correctly.
        I don't really see an issue with any installation of the frame.

Steve Thompson
        2020 Silverado 2500 Duramax​
        Steve Thompson

Comment

This is the pass thru door. I've attached a video of the door.​
          When a main entry door is out of alignment, Lippert has a process to bend the door (no kidding) into alignment.

Before attempting on the slam latch door I'd check with Lippert to see if it's applicable. Lippert is the OEM of the door and their customer service info is here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

The process of adjusting the door is shown in this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/uyLUOXT9EKI

Howard

P.S. Ultimately I suspect Bigdog3162 is on the right track, and the only permanent fix will be removal and reinstallation of the door frame (or replacement).
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Have you tried to move the catch plate in to provide a little more latching pressure. From the video it looks like the whole door moves in when you push on it and moving the catch plate might fix the issue.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have attempted to adjust the striker plate - I thought the same thing. The screws are pretty set and have little to no adjustment.
              Steve Thompson

Comment

I have attempted to adjust the striker plate - I thought the same thing. The screws are pretty set and have little to no adjustment.
                I ran into the same issue and stopped slamming the door to keep from warping the doors and to reshape the door back to flush I put my foot in the doorway and set the center of the door on my knee and pushed the two sides slowly back to level again. You can still let the door fall to lock but just be careful how high up you drop it.
                2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Comment

Thanks for the replies. 👍
                  Steve Thompson

Comment

Working...
                  X