Been around a while, new to this forum. Momentum 376

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been around a while, new to this forum. Momentum 376

Hey ya'all. February 11, 2011 Barbara and I handed over the keys of our sticks and bricks to the new owner, crawled into our 5th wheel and headed out. Hard to believe we will be celebrating our 9th anniversary of full timing next month. We started out with two Chihuahua's and a cat, leftovers from when the kids were growing up. They since have passed of old age. But once you have pets around it seems you can't live without them, so we now have a Minnie Pin/Chihuahua mix and a cat that we travel with.

The Cedar Creek we started out with did us well, but when we spotted the little garage in the 2017 376th we fell in love and traded up. More weight so we traded up on the truck as well.

We volunteer at State Parks and National Forest campgrounds from time to time. It's a rewarding experience and we get to spend months in some of the most beautiful campgrounds in the US. We have made about 4 laps around the US and have camped in every state in the lower 48. At some point in time I have had just about everything break on the 5th wheels. Having lived 25 years in Florida we have evolved into cold weather campers and tend to spend our winters at ski resorts.

The 5 grand-kids require us to make a circuit during the year, Seattle, Nashville, Houston. The last three years we have been venturing up into Canada expanding our territory.

Things we like to do; Hiking, E-biking, white water rafting, motorcycle cruising, rock climbing, skiing, tubing, show shoeing, kayaking, a little fishing, and more hiking.

i know a little bit about a lot of stuff but I am not an expert in any of it, so when I post advice take it with a little salt, I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
    2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
    E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
    Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

d2reid Glad to have you join us here. Look forward to your wisdom and input.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Welcome, Dallas. Sounds like you’ve had an amazing 9 years. With all of your experience you’ll no doubt be a great addition to the forums!
      Andi
      Brookings SD
      2018 Reflection 337RLS
      2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

d2reid

Hi Dallas!
        Welcome to this forum. You and I have had many valuable discussions in "another sandbox". I look forward to this continuing here.
        Dogs & cats are a natural fit with RVs .
        You are definitely a "reverse Snowbird"! We come to Florida in the winter while you are heading north !!

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Still getting used to the different GUI. So I'm a little slow on the responses. Thanks for the welcome.
          2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
          2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
          E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
          Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Dallas...........You have made your way over to the dark side. Welcome.
            2018 Momentum 376TH
            2016 RAM 3500 Duall
            y

Comment

Working...
            X