Toilet Flange for a 2021 Solitude 377MBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Flange for a 2021 Solitude 377MBS

I am replacing my OEM toilet with a Dometic 320, but it appears that the flange may need to be 1/2 inch farther from the wall. Could a residential toilet flange from a local ACE Hardware work for this 320?

Originally posted by HiggRig-Mel View Post
    I am replacing my OEM toilet with a Dometic 320, but it appears that the flange may need to be 1/2 inch farther from the wall. Could a residential toilet flange from a local ACE Hardware work for this 320?
    I don't know the answer to your question (sorry!), so this is just a quick note to say "Welcome to the forum!".

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you. We have had our Solitude for 3-1/2 years. Normally my wife does the research and I handle the "dirty work". I thought it might be helpful if I reached out myself. We'll see how this goes.

Comment

I do not see any reason why you could not use a residential toilet flange, unless it does not fit to the factory drain pipe. If you have access to the toilet drain pipe by way of the front pass thru storage you may be able to move the whole assembly further away from the wall. Depending on how the drain pipe travels to the tank could leave you with enough room for movement.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The GD part would be https://legacy.granddesignrv.com/ifr...s-detail/10985

Looking up the toilet on line and a 3" floor flange they appear to be the same.
          https://www.parts.spearsmfg.com/Prod...ls.aspx?pid=84 and https://epi.dometic.com/externalasse...ref=-384467785 page 6.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

The existing floor flange will be glued to the 3" ABS pipe down to the tank. The ABS pipe will pass through a rubber grommet in the top of the tank. Once the flange is unscrewed from the floor, the flange and pipe can be pulled from the tank. All these parts are normal residential stuff. You might be able to reconfigure what you have . . . or start fresh with new components from Home Depot or similar.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. The 320 is installed and the job is done. I removed the screws that attached the flange to the floor. The hole in the floor was oversized and the pipe assembly was flexible enough to allow the flange and collar assembly to shift away from the wall about a half inch. I reattached it to the floor and the toilet fit. I did confirm that the 320 does fit on a residential toilet flange, but I didn't need it. The existing assembly did appear to be glued all the way down. Just below the floor the collar attached to a sweep that went toward the driver's side. I don't know where it went from there, but since I was able to solve my problem, I was reluctant to explore that further. I don't really know if I can actually see this pipe and it's connection from the pass through storage, but that will be an adventure for another day.

Comment

Working...
              X