Propane furnace question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane furnace question

Hello, all. I just joined. I have a 2023 3100RD. My question is, if I set the furnace fan to low as opposed to auto, will it use more propane?

It will use the same amount on either setting to hold the temperature set on the thermostat. I thought the furnace only ran on "fan auto" not on "fan low" or "fan high", I think those settings are for the ac.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks. When I set it to heat, it gives me a fan speed choice. Low, high or auto.I am a newbie, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmoline View Post
        Thanks. When I set it to heat, it gives me a fan speed choice. Low, high or auto.I am a newbie, though.
        I assume you've got a Furrion setup, including the thermostat. Note that the fan mode applies to the air conditioner fan, not the furnace fan. The purpose in running the air conditioner fan is to move the heated air better throughout the camper. (Actually a nice feature my Coleman setup does not have, unfortunately.)

From the manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	107
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	128061

To your specific question, as Brian stated running the a/c fan on different modes won't have much (if any) impact on the propane used.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It is a Furrion system. I do like this feature for a different reason. My wife has to have air moving always. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X