New to forum in works of purchasing a 22 25g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum in works of purchasing a 22 25g

Hey all new here we put a deposit down on a 25g not sure what the previous owner may have put for add ons yet we have a 8 month old baby and I do a lot of local / 4 hrs away weekend dirtbike races so we will pretty much just be using it for a few days at a time I was wondering if their was things you guys recommend I might need to get if it was a completely stock one as far as I can see it does have the upgraded stairs but aside from that it seems like it hasnt been used much there’s less than a hour on the generator I’m having a tuff time navigating this forum as I was trying to just see what other people may have posted on the topic also what sway hitch you might recommend I have a 22 gmc 2500 diesel crew cab but figured I’d post just to get my foot in the door here

Originally posted by 22gd25g View Post
    Hey all new here we put a deposit down on a 25g not sure what the previous owner may have put for add ons yet we have a 8 month old baby and I do a lot of local / 4 hrs away weekend dirtbike races so we will pretty much just be using it for a few days at a time I was wondering if their was things you guys recommend I might need to get if it was a completely stock one as far as I can see it does have the upgraded stairs but aside from that it seems like it hasnt been used much there’s less than a hour on the generator I’m having a tuff time navigating this forum as I was trying to just see what other people may have posted on the topic also what sway hitch you might recommend I have a 22 gmc 2500 diesel crew cab but figured I’d post just to get my foot in the door here
    Welcome to the forum.

The best way to search this forum is NOT to use the forum's search engine. (!) The best way is to use Google or DuckDuckGo and limit the results to this forum. For example, enter Imagine 25G site:gdrvowners.com

Interested in a different mattress? Try mattress site:gdrvowners.com (again, using Google or DuckDuckGo).

What does work great in the forum's search engine is those threads that the moderators have specifically highlighted with the Reference Library or Modification tag. (A "tag" is a way to assign a category to a thread.) How to do a search for these is covered in the Forum How To channel. (Here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...ow-do-i-____-2 ) See the threads highlighted below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	191.5 KB ID:	128421

I know this is fairly general in nature, so if you have a specific question on a specific system, fire away.

Howard

P.S. For your weight distribution hitch / sway control question, I entered WDH weight distribution hitch site:gdrvowners.com and DuckDuckGo returned a bunch of threads on the topic. Give it a try!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	327.3 KB ID:	128422
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by 22gd25g View Post
      Welcome to this group. A lot of smart people in this forum.

In my opinion, before you start doing mods, I would take it out a few times to determine how you want to use it. That will guide your mods you want to do. I've sunk more money than I want to admit in mods lol.

I have a 21G and use an EQualizer hitch that works fantastic. I did get the 1200# version because my tongue weight is generally around 1200#-1250# (published tongue weight was 920#). However we do not have toys in the back which will reduce your tongue weight. In my opinion, I would rather go bigger than have a hitch that is operating over it's designed capacity.

Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Thank you I appreciate all the help makes sense use it see what I may need or may not I do know we want the screen or glass 3 season doors I just didn’t know if there was must haves but I’m sure being only away for a weekend we will make do… I appreciate all the help and happy to see there’s a forum like this where people have experience and insight

Comment

Ask away, we have the exact same trailer and love it. 3 season doors are a must for us.

Here is a quick list:

First thing to do is the weather proof ramp door weep hole tech bulletin, get the water out of that ramp door before it gets wrecked.

Next is to fix all the water leaks that come in through the outdoor kitchen and storage door. Some units it’s not too bad and others it terrible. The factory breaks the screws at the bottom of the outdoor kitchen door and water goes right in. The doors don’t seal tight enough and water runs right down in. This really is the Achilles heel of the 25G, thankfully it’s easy to detect when it happens.

Be very careful what you plug into the front outdoor outlet… some brain child put it RIGHT UNDER the down spout from the rain channel… it’s gets soaked when it’s raining so we never use that outlet.

Check all the plumbing, mine was not too bad but still had loose fittings at sinks and nautilus.

Check all seals and openings at the top of the ramp door and under the rear awning, factory misses tons of spots here and it just lets water get into places it should not.

Order the parts for the strut/supports for the rear awning, let’s it handle a little more wind or at least give you time to save it before it gets wrecked.

Install a large truck toolbox on the tongue (move the battery), this gives you a huge amount of missing outdoor storage.

Add an easy start to the main AC, this really helps with them generator and if you go solar. The AC units are low power on this unit so they work well for boondocking.

—-

The 25G is an awesome TT, they got the bathroom right compared to the other models (28G is ok) and it’s just a very functional trailer. Only item that needs work is outdoor storage… it has very little. I’d kill to have a coffee one day with the Product Manager and see what we could come up with for a newer model (heck even the Lippert under chassis slider storage boxes would help). But

One of these days I’m post a complete list of mods we have done but most are documented already on another forum. Just need to consolidate into a new thread here.

Cheers
          Tim
          2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo") | Victron Multiplus | Lithium
          2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload​

Comment

I don't own the same model trailer as you but I would add a Progressive Dynamics EMS guard followed by a water pressure regulator as my first mods. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy.
            John & Cindy
            2019 303 RLS
            2018 F250

Comment

Working...
            X