New to Grand Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Grand Design

My husband and I just bought a 21BHE and take delivery on Monday of next week. After looking diligently for a month, we were fairly certain we wanted a bunkhouse with one slide-out. The extra room from a slide-out and the space to bring along grandkids was what motivated our search. It was a happy fluke when we stopped to look at another brand at an RV dealer, and were very disappointed in the quality. On the way back to the Dealer's office, we stopped and looked at the 21BHE. First time we have looked at Grand Design. No slide-out, but we were extremely impressed by the overall quality of the RV. In fact, we didn't even realize the lack of a slide until the third time we walked around the rig! We have owned everything from a tent trailer to a motorhome in the past, some with slide-out and most not. I have never been so impressed with a trailer as I was with this one. I will post our impressions of how she actually functions after our "Maiden Voyage"...which we hope to take next week. Very excited to see if our impressions were correct.

Hello and welcome. We are new as well to GD and just like you are excited to take our first big trip. The information I have gotten stalking this forum is amazing. Again Welcome.
    Brent, Krista, and our 6 year old nugget
    Cruising with two Black Labs, Lestat and Pandora
    2021 Ram 3500 Dually Long Bed 4X4 HO Cummins (Blue Sapphire)
    2021 Imagine 3110BH (The Dog House)

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the new 21BHE. Plenty of help here when needed , and remember to add your comments as well.
      Enjoy the shake down trip and ask lots of questions on your pre delivery inspection/walk around.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We were impressed also- get ours in 2 days! Congratz to you.

Comment

One thing I did and it may sound silly but, during our orientation I video recorded the whole thing on a go pro. I had done a ton of research so didn't have to many questions. Good thing we have forums to help with any that come up. Take some pics for us.
          Brent, Krista, and our 6 year old nugget
          Cruising with two Black Labs, Lestat and Pandora
          2021 Ram 3500 Dually Long Bed 4X4 HO Cummins (Blue Sapphire)
          2021 Imagine 3110BH (The Dog House)

Comment

Originally posted by Love2GoFastUSCG View Post
            One thing I did and it may sound silly but, during our orientation I video recorded the whole thing on a go pro. I had done a ton of research so didn't have to many questions. Good thing we have forums to help with any that come up. Take some pics for us.
            Not silly at all--very smart.

I couldn't remember how to operate the Blue Ox hitch once I arrived at the campground for the first time back in Jul 2018. The office sent a few guys down to help. I was in full "Newbie" mode! If I'd had a video to reference I could have figured it out myself.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Love2GoFastUSCG View Post
              Don't have a go pro but I do have my phone. That's a great idea. I remember taking two hours to set up a previous rv the first time with 2 people, and by the time we got rid of it one person could do the whole thing in 12 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by 67X View Post
                We were impressed also- get ours in 2 days! Congratz to you.
                Congrats to you too!

Comment

Working...
                X