Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

295RL - register the unit for warranty work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 295RL - register the unit for warranty work?

Hello all, my wife and me within the past month just purchased a 2021 295RL. It is beautiful. Hopefully, I can get some insight on this thread. I purchased the rig out of my home state and now need to register the unit for warranty work..Anyone complete this process yet? Thanks

Originally posted by MIchaelburnell View Post
    Hello all, my wife and me within the past month just purchased a 2021 295RL. It is beautiful. Hopefully, I can get some insight on this thread. I purchased the rig out of my home state and now need to register the unit for warranty work..Anyone complete this process yet? Thanks
    I've moved your post to it's own thread, Michael.

I am unsure what you mean by "registering for warranty work". What problem(s) do you have? Is there a dealer near you willing to work on your unit? Many dealers refuse to work on units not purchased at their dealership. An RV is not like a car. A local GD dealer does not have to work on a unit they didn't sell.

Please define the issues and your expectations for the repair and forum members can advise from there.

If you'd like a faster, more definitive answer call GD Customer Service (phone # on the home page of this forum).

Again, welcome, and I hope you'll continue to post.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Michael,

I'll take a little different tack as see if it's what you're asking. Since it was new, when you purchased your RV your dealer "registered" all of your information with Grand Design. You don't need to do anything further except retain all your sales-related paperwork. When you make an appointment with a Grand Design dealer for warranty work, they'll contact Grand Design for authorization. Unfortunately, as Howard howson mentioned, not all dealers are created equal and some may not want to deal with you if you didn't buy the unit from them. In over five years with Grand Design products, though, we haven't had an issue with that.

Rob
      Last edited by Second Chance; 08-19-2020, 05:19 PM.
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
      X