New member with a 2020 GD Imagine 2450RL and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member with a 2020 GD Imagine 2450RL and a question

Hello everyone, New to this list, TTs, and a Grand Design owner, No prior experience other than renting a TT for a week long trip to Washington DC about a year ago.
    With mentoring from our daughter and son-in-law(10 year veterans of TTs) we decided to to start this adventure.
    Likewise they are GD Imagine 2250RK owners also so we followed suit.

Recently had our maiden trip and we had a great experience mostly all good.

With that said I would like to some opinions on the dinette table legs. Ours has the folding leg setup which we have some issues with as far as comfortability.
    I see the the XLS line has a pedestal type option available does any one on the list have this option and what is their assessment, good, bad, or otherwise.
    It is a high dollar($$$+) item to swap to and just would like some feedback.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dana & Janet
    Toby & Katie (Maltese)
    Marrero, La.
    Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4X4
    5.3L w/3.42GR

Originally posted by D Haydel View Post
    Hello everyone, New to this list, TTs, and a Grand Design owner, No prior experience other than renting a TT for a week long trip to Washington DC about a year ago.
    With mentoring from our daughter and son-in-law(10 year veterans of TTs) we decided to to start this adventure.
    Likewise they are GD Imagine 2250RK owners also so we followed suit.

Recently had our maiden trip and we had a great experience mostly all good.

With that said I would like to some opinions on the dinette table legs. Ours has the folding leg setup which we have some issues with as far as comfortability.
    I see the the XLS line has a pedestal type option available does any one on the list have this option and what is their assessment, good, bad, or otherwise.
    It is a high dollar($$$+) item to swap to and just would like some feedback.
    Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to GD's Owners' Forum! I suspect you've already seen the new member letter since you already have a sig profile.

The table you have is the one shown below, right? It collapses to make that area into a bed. Obviously any swap to a pedestal may sacrifice that capability.

Click image for larger version

Name:	table.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	31354

From what I can make out in the Imagine brochure, the "free standing" option setup is not only the pedestal table but four chairs, too. Not sure how a pedestal table would work with the dinette cushions. Unfortunately the Imagine brochure doesn't show a picture with the free-standing setup.

-- is there a picture available of an Imagine with the free-standing pedestal table option? Preferably at 2450RK but something close will work, too.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Welcome to GD's Owners' Forum! I suspect you've already seen the new member letter since you already have a sig profile.

The table you have is the one shown below, right? It collapses to make that area into a bed. Obviously any swap to a pedestal may sacrifice that capability.

From what I can make out in the Imagine brochure, the "free standing" option setup is not only the pedestal table but four chairs, too. Not sure how a pedestal table would work with the dinette cushions. Unfortunately the Imagine brochure doesn't show a picture with the free-standing setup.

-- is there a picture available of an Imagine with the free-standing pedestal table option? Preferably at 2450RK but something close will work, too.

Howard
      Good morning! Let me look into this and I will be in touch. Thanks!

Comment

Howard

This is an Imagine 3100RD that shows the free standing table.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Brittany View Post
          This is an Imagine 3100RD that shows the free standing table.
          D Haydel -- as you can see by Brittany's picture (previous post), as I suspected the OEM free-standing table is meant to be used with individual chairs, not the bench seating.

My .02 and worth as much...experiment with other tables to see how they work with the bench seating. Suggest not removing the bench seating--you'll miss the storage space! Also, it looks like you may have an electrical outlet on the forward-facing bench seat? (Drawings can be wrong so maybe not.)

Please post back with what you end up doing, especially any "lessons learned". Owners sharing their experience (good and bad!) is what makes a forum so useful.

Good luck with your project!

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

We have a 2021 2970RL with the pedestal table and 4 chairs as pictured below. Can't find a good picture of it.

Here is my assessment.
            1) The table is attached (screwed) to the floor and cannot be moved. I don't believe this table would be very stable if it weren't screwed to the floor.
            2) Table is good size for wife and I.
            3) We have taken two of the chairs out and leave them at home.
            4) The base of the pedestal seems to always be in the way of my feet. But I have big feet.

Name:	2020-10-06_9-42-27.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	31372
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post
              We have a 2021 2970RL with the pedestal table and 4 chairs as pictured below. Can't find a good picture of it.

Here is my assessment.
              1) The table is attached (screwed) to the floor and cannot be moved. I don't believe this table would be very stable if it weren't screwed to the floor.
              2) Table is good size for wife and I.
              3) We have taken two of the chairs out and leave them at home.
              4) The base of the pedestal seems to always be in the way of my feet. But I have big feet.

Mike,
              Is there an electrical outlet on the wall under the table? If there is one I wonder where it is in the dinette version (face of the booth base?).

Howard

Comment

This is the pedestal that is offered in the XLS line. I got a quote of $350 and it lowers to allow the bedding option.
                Also actually found another one that typically in the marine group that's alittle cheaper and adjusts the same. It is Springfield gas powered pedestal.

Name:	pedestal.png
Views:	321
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	31376
                will post back when we make our decision and have it installed.
                Thanks for the responses.
                Dana & Janet
                Toby & Katie (Maltese)
                Marrero, La.
                Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
                2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4X4
                5.3L w/3.42GR

Comment

Mike,
                  Is there an electrical outlet on the wall under the table? If there is one I wonder where it is in the dinette version (face of the booth base?).

Howard
                  The outlet is actually to the right of the right hand chairs towards the dual recliners. fI you are facing the table it would be to the right.
                  Mike & Lisa
                  Central Florida
                  2021 Imagine 2970RL
                  1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

We have more in common than I knew... Great floor plan and big feet!

I too went with the dinette, specifically for the ability to remove 1 or 2 of those chairs and have more room when I don't have company.
                    2021 Imagine 2970RL
                    2021 F-250 (7.3L Godzilla V8)

Comment

Working...
                    X