Old News: New Old guys in New rig doing the same Old in a New way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old News: New Old guys in New rig doing the same Old in a New way

We're retired . We tried not to get tired, but we got tired twice, so we're retired. Again. This is dundant (once, so far). We moved from a little 17' rig into an RB2600 with the full winter package (except double-paned windows) because we needed the room (we were tired of being cramped). Sold the house (we were tired of that, too) and went full time in the Imagine (Imagine that!). We lived in Montana and bought the rig in August, bought an EZ Snap skirt (highly recommended for performance and customer service) and a SmartTechproducts heated water hose in Sept, stayed comfortable and functional during a week or -10 to -20 weather in Oct, Left for a month in Florida in mid Dec just as the snow hit, and we've been two weeks in central NC where we got caught by surprise! Unplugged and unskirted (Imagine that!) we got froze! Left the trailer and forgot about a faucet we had left cracked open and we've spent four days getting dried out. We're tired...again! Imagine that! Does anybody know if there's absorbent material underneath which we have to worry about being soggy or moldy later on? We ventilated and dried everything, but we're concerned about the paneling and hidden things we can't see. We tried, but we're re-tired, so I suppose that IS redundant.

Originally posted by BillandMaryLockhart View Post
    Does anybody know if there's absorbent material underneath which we have to worry about being soggy or moldy later on?
    When I did the factory tour I noted that the travel trailers usually have a foam-encased, aluminum-framed floor. It's essentially a wall that's the floor (if that makes any sense). Open the cabinet under the sink and follow the water lines down through the floor (look with a flashlight). You'll probably find a large hole for the lines. In that cutout you'll see a laminate floor top glued to a white foam which then has another layer of "plywood" glued to the bottom. It should look something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1027 (Large).JPG
Views:	149
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	41659

What that all is trying to say is I don't think there's any insulation that will absorb water in the underbelly.

Might be worth a call to Grand Design Customer Service to confirm what I've written. Explain what happened. The folks in CS are great and will provide any specific advice if they have concerns. (Water is the #1 enemy of RVs!) Their number is on the business card, home page of this forum.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome "old new guys". Glad to have you join us. You have had quite the adventure already and I am hoping you get that sorted out. Maybe drop a couple of corners of the under belly and get some air moving thru there to help everything dry out.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum! I wish we could give you some better weather to help with the process.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X