New owners - 2021 Imagine 2600RB will be picked up early April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owners - 2021 Imagine 2600RB will be picked up early April

My wife and I are picking up our new 2021 2600RB next month! Looking forward to it. I grew up family camping with an Apache popup in the 70s, tent camping and backpacking in the 80s and 90s, and my wife and I have enjoying bareboat yacht chartering in the 2010s. So a 2600RB should be a huge upgrade :-) We've also rented a 33' Class C MiniWini in Alaska a few years back and that helped us narrow our selection.

Next step is to buy the essentials, do the PDI and then the shake down trip within an hour or two of home. And then it's off to wherever we feel like going :-)

Joe: 2021 Imagine 2600RB, 2017 F-150 with 3.5L Ecoboost and max tow
    -----
    Sailor_Joe, 2021 imagine 2600RB, 2017 Ford F-150, XLT super crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow.

Welcome Joe.

Boy do I remember the old Green Apache hard side pop up. Double slide out beds on ends, table bed, and sofa bed. slept 7 with no issues. no privacy either. that thing had lots of miles on it. It made it from gulf coast to Lake Louise Canada and back, Gulf coast to Tacoma Washington and back, and lots of other trips.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      Welcome Joe.

Boy do I remember the old Green Apache hard side pop up. Double slide out beds on ends, table bed, and sofa bed. slept 7 with no issues. no privacy either. that thing had lots of miles on it. It made it from gulf coast to Lake Louise Canada and back, Gulf coast to Tacoma Washington and back, and lots of other trips.
      Oh my gosh, you had one too! :-) Ours was the canvas sided earlier version. With 7 kids in tow my parents stuck the older ones outside in a tent for sleeping. We went all over the Great Lakes region, upstate NY, and down to eastern Tennessee. Loads of fun!

Sailor_Joe, 2021 imagine 2600RB, 2017 Ford F-150, XLT super crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow.

Comment

I think ours was a 74 model. I thought the canvas side ones came out later.

For amenities there was a "toiler" (aka seat with garbage bag in a bucket factory installed), indoor cold water only, stove, and ice box (not refrigerator). Dad upgraded the unit so it had AC, and Refrigerator. I think they opted for the awning.

Modern awnings are so nice, this thing was essentially a tent roof rolled around a pole (manual here) with grommets in the corners that you put poles in and stretched tight with ropes. It was held in travel position by strings to the rail.

It made several trips to Grand Isle LA (like 1 per year) plus I think it got used 2-3 weeks straight during the summer when we traveled and spring and fall it probably was on the road 1-2 times a month. I think they put 2 sets of tires on it in 9 years due to wearing them out.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Sailor_Joe

Joe you and the DW will really enjoy the Imagine. The floorplan of the Imagine with the large bathroom, large tank capacity and more work well for us. You will most likely end up with a mattress upgrade though. We started out with a mattress topper but moved to a mattress from "Mattress Insider" and it made all the difference. And the lift struts work well with the new mattress where some require adding gas struts for the additional mattress weight.

Jim

Comment

We just bought a 2021 Reflection 303RLS pickup is next Tuesday. We have been looking for months and finally pulled the trigger. We are both so excited to start our travels around the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
              Sailor_Joe

Joe you and the DW will really enjoy the Imagine. The floorplan of the Imagine with the large bathroom, large tank capacity and more work well for us. You will most likely end up with a mattress upgrade though. We started out with a mattress topper but moved to a mattress from "Mattress Insider" and it made all the difference. And the lift struts work well with the new mattress where some require adding gas struts for the additional mattress weight.

Jim
              Hi Jim,

I'm glad to here that about the 2600RB. Main reason we chose it was the large rear bath, and the large tanks were another reason. We're definitely planning to upgrade the mattress, going to do a full replacement rather than a topper. I noticed that the struts seem pretty strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark&Lil View Post
                We just bought a 2021 Reflection 303RLS pickup is next Tuesday. We have been looking for months and finally pulled the trigger. We are both so excited to start our travels around the nation.
                That's great Mark&Lil. Do you have your first destination picked out yet? We're thinking of the Smokey Mtns to start in late April or early May, starting from the Chicago area.

/Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor_Joe View Post
                  My wife and I are picking up our new 2021 2600RB next month! Looking forward to it. I grew up family camping with an Apache popup in the 70s, tent camping and backpacking in the 80s and 90s, and my wife and I have enjoying bareboat yacht chartering in the 2010s. So a 2600RB should be a huge upgrade :-) We've also rented a 33' Class C MiniWini in Alaska a few years back and that helped us narrow our selection.

Next step is to buy the essentials, do the PDI and then the shake down trip within an hour or two of home. And then it's off to wherever we feel like going :-)

Joe: 2021 Imagine 2600RB, 2017 F-150 with 3.5L Ecoboost and max tow
                  -----
                  Welcome aboard Joe! I'm sure you will enjoy your Imagine. Travel Safely.

Dave, USN (Ret).
                  Dave and Sue
                  2020 GD 2250RK
                  2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                  Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                  GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                  SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Me and Mrs skreef bought a 2020 2600rb 13 months ago. It's an awesome couples camper. Enjoy the journey.

Charles and Susan
                    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                    Andersen Hitch
                    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Same here, We bought our 2021 2600RB last year.
                      We plan to head out on our first big trip April 01
                      So far, so good..

Good luck / Have fun
                      Grand Design-Imagine
                      2021 (1st Edition) 2600RB

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!
                        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                        Nash County, NC
                        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                        X