New GD TX 260RB Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GD TX 260RB Owner

Well, not actually so new... purchased a 21 Transcend Xplor 260RB in October 21, and love it. Have only had a couple of outings so far, but looking forward to more. Love the floorplan, space, and storage in this thing!
    2021 GD Transcend Xplor 260RB
    2019 F150 Platinum 4x4, max towing package

Originally posted by DVus723 View Post
    Well, not actually so new... purchased a 21 Transcend Xplor 260RB in October 21, and love it. Have only had a couple of outings so far, but looking forward to more. Love the floorplan, space, and storage in this thing!
    Your Transcend came "Solar Prepped", right? No panels or controller in the unit? Could you (please) take some pictures of the wiring as it came from the factory and post them here? There should be two sets--one that comes from the roof to where the controller would be then another from that same location to near the battery.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My 260RB did indeed come "Solar Prepped". Which I took advantage of, so I cannot provide pictures of the wiring as it came from the factory. But maybe my description can help.

The factory wiring was inside the Universal Docking Station, which just required removing the forward-facing panel. The wiring was in one piece, not two, it was just a loop of red/black wire with about 3 feet of spare. It had two labels stating something like "to roof" and "to battery". I drilled a hole in the street-side panel at the top rear, fed that loop through, pulled it to where I was mounting the controller, cut it between the labels, and wired it into the controller. Worked like a champ.

I had picked up a Nepowa 200w panel and a 30A MPPT controller off Amazon for about $300 total. Plan to add a second 200w panel at some point, just because I can lol.

Next time I go to storage, I'll try to take some pics of the install, but as I said I've already changed how it came from the factory. I may head over there tomorrow, we'll see. Depends on what answers I get on the TV mount question I have...

Comment

DVus723 -- pictures would be great. No rush (thank you in advance)!.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

howson here’s a pic of the install. The wire labels are still there but the labels are wrapped. I believe one says “S Panel” and the other says “Battery”. Also realized that where I said I routed the wires from the upper corner, I obviously was remembering wrong since they clearly are routed through the lower corner. Ignore the second hole to the right of the wires, that was a miscalculation that didn't consider the vertical brace for the enclosure lol.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	183E3297-1801-4E71-A1E0-3A00E54B582C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	95.8 KB ID:	90361
          Attached Files

Comment

DVus723 -- thank you!

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
            X