Electrical Issues with our 2021 303 RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Issues with our 2021 303 RLS

We have a 2021 303RLS, We just took the RV to the Nevada County Fair in Grass Valley California. When we arrived the RV was working just tine. the next day, when we returned from the fair, the RV had lost power (DC Power) to the ceiling lights in the front of the RV. The overhead light in the hallway leading to the Bathroom/Bedroom does not work, the motion activated light in the hallway does not work. The motion activated light in the bathroom does work, but the ceiling light in the bathroom does not work, and none of the lights in the bedroom work. There is no power to the air conditioner controller in the bedroom.
    I have checked the DC fuse panel and there are no fuses blown. I don't know why there would be power loss. I there a wiring schematic for the 303? from the fuse box where does the wire go? and are all of the lights daisy chained? I don't want to remove every light in the front of the RV to find the one causing the issue? could there be an issue with the converter? Please help

1st thing to check is the battery disconnect in the storage area (basement). Key should be installed and turned to the "ON" position and not removable.
    From there, check that the converter breaker is on.
    Next verify that the post power is not partially tripped (one of the breakers may have partially tripped and not brought its companion).
    Finally verify that the power chord is fully seated and twist locked into the side of the camper (been there done that) as one of the 2 legs feeds 1/2 of the camper and the other feeds the remainder.

If all of that fails, have the battery tested (fist ensure it is full of electrolyte), if it needs fluid, DO NOT USE ANYTHING BUT DISTILLED WATER or Battery electrolyte. Normal bottled spring water or tap water contain many minerals that will kill the lead plates in the battery.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

I am guessing here but from the description all of the lights that do not work are on a switch, correct? If so then I would check for power at the switch closes to the power panel, I am thinking that a loose connection at that switch may be the culprit. The front AC gets power to the thermostat from the light switch in the bedroom, which with no lights in the bedroom and no AC working in the bedroom means there is no power getting to that switch. The motion light in the bathroom does not get power from the light switch in the bathroom. Even though the fuses in the panel do not show that one is blown I would still double check the fuses with a meter , sometimes the led indicator lights do show a blown fuse.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

One other thing just occurred to me, there is a common ground point by the bathroom vent fan. Someone had issues with the wiring coming loose causing a similar issue.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X