Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

374TH - Inside facia under LR slides - How to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 374TH - Inside facia under LR slides - How to remove?

2019 374TH. Has anyone removed the facia board under the living room slides? I am told there are lag screws behind it that attach the side wall to the frame. A GD tech told me the ones on ours may be loose as we are seeing some flex in the outside seam when the weight transfers to the hitch. Frame is OK as I did the Lippert frame measurements and they are within spec. I would rather not rip all the carpet off if I don’t have to. Thx
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7801.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	105787 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7486.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	105788
    -
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
    Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

I have not pulled one of those, but based on the way the carpet is wrapped around it, my guess is it's just pin nailed, finish nailed, or the all inclusive wire crown nailed in place.

I'm guessing you looked and felt around through the carpet for screws? If screwed the heads are most likely visible because of the way the carpet is attached to the board.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      I have not pulled one of those, but based on the way the carpet is wrapped around it, my guess is it's just pin nailed, finish nailed, or the all inclusive wire crown nailed in place.
      My suspicion as well but thought I would see if anyone had a definitive answer before I go prying at stuff.

I'm guessing you looked and felt around through the carpet for screws? If screwed the heads are most likely visible because of the way the carpet is attached to the board.
      Yes, nothing obvious. I have a friend who has a metal detecting wand I want to try before I get crazy. Maybe that will give me a clue where to look for fasteners.
      -Rob-
      -
      Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
      2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
      2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
      Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Comment

It may be hard to feel the screw holes thru the carpet but I think they will be there. I had a heck of a time finding the ones hold my steps down, they ran the screws right thru the carpet then thru the luan then thru the frame board and into the floor. I think you will find them but it will take a little patience and persistence.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X