Choosing a Mattress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a Mattress

We just purchased an Imagine 2600RB and are trying to figure out how thick of a mattress we can buy.
    We measured from the platform up to the shelves (charging cubbies) and it seems like only an 8" will fit.

If we go with a 9 or 10 inch, will it cover the side shelves too much?

What have others done? Thank you for your suggestions!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	378
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	108363

I know - - Before we got the 5th wheel we had a 23LDE TT with the same type layout shown in your photo. I use a CPAP for sleeping and thought it was going to be great to have it on the side space depicted in your photo. Then, my wife bought a high-end RV mattress (Brooklyn Bedding I think) and it is like 10 inches high (!). Its super comfortable but tall and covered a lot of the side cubby space. If you can sleep comfortably with a mattress less tall I suggest that so you can access and enjoy the side cubbies for phone charging etc.. I just looked at one of our trip photos and our mattress with pillows completely cover the side cubby spaces. So you will have to decide what's best for you. Another consideration is the weight of a larger mattress when trying to access your under bed storage with the platform hinge. I screwed in a horizontal 2x2 and used another 2x2 to make a center post to rest the platform on while retrieving or placing items under there.

One thing we added to the mattress upgrade was order a thin, vented mat to lay under the mattress for airflow to prevent dampness etc. It is rollout product that you can cut to fit. Its made of webbed plastic but has raised bumps to allow air flow. When we store the camper, we use pool noodles and slide them under the mattress for more airflow. They are lightweight and work perfectly for that purpose.
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

Comment

Working...
    X