Momentum 351M cargo capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum 351M cargo capacity

I have been using 2500# as what I thought as the "average" cargo capacity of the 351M. Is that an accurate or reasonable figure to use? I know that actual will be based on what specific options are on, or excluded, from a specific model, but since I am ordering I get to choose that weight by selecting the options I want. My problem is I don't live near a big city with multiple dealers to go look at a bunch of anything to compare various builds. GD publishes the Momentum empty weight as an "average UMW 13,600#". I just don't know what average is. How is that average computed with WHAT options. I have looked at a bunch of ads on dealership web sites and it seems most order and stock with generators, HappyJac bed, patio system, extra TVs, and a couple other "popular options". Very few if any full body paint or dual pane windows on the lots. Based on math, 16,800 minus 13,600 gives 3200# cargo capacity which seems different from the 2500 I have heard is typical and also have repeated.

Here's where it makes a difference. I am considering dual pane windows, expensive yes and heavier 300#. But I like them. If I am realistically working off the 3200 figure I am comfortable subtracting 300, if the 2500, then I am concerned that's too much loss of CC. Help please with accurate information.
    2007 Itasca Horizon w/2017 Wrangler "pusher toad"
    2015 Solitude 320X (sold) likely a 351M to take it's place
    2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4wd CC LB SRW
    2019 Harley Davidson Heritage 114 as the toy

I'm going to put any orders on hold until I can get accurate information what equipment is "average" when Grand Design uses the published UVW figure. I don't want to get any nasty surprises and find my selections of options are significantly heavier that what GD uses for their average weight.

Comment

Originally posted by chunker View Post
      I'm going to put any orders on hold until I can get accurate information what equipment is "average" when Grand Design uses the published UVW figure. I don't want to get any nasty surprises and find my selections of options are significantly heavier that what GD uses for their average weight.
      I am working on getting a reply for this right now. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

I am working on getting a reply for this right now. Thanks!
        Thanks Megan, David

Comment

chunker This is actually a valid question, as I didn't know this info before you asked it. So I thank you for your question because I have learned something new today!!

Our "average" cargo capacity is based on a "standard" unit. A "standard" unit is how the majority of our dealers would order a stock unit. So for the 351M, a stock unit would include the following:

Gen II Garage Screen Wall w/ Sliding Windows
          Generator
          3rd AC
          Super Sofa
          Happi Jac sofa in the garage
          Rear Aluminum deck system
          Patio Chairs
          Exterior Entertainment Center

So the UVW on our website for the 351M is showing a total of 13,600 lbs. This would be based on the options listed above. I hope this helps answer your question!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
            chunker This is actually a valid question, as I didn't know this info before you asked it. So I thank you for your question because I have learned something new today!!

Our "average" cargo capacity is based on a "standard" unit. A "standard" unit is how the majority of our dealers would order a stock unit. So for the 351M, a stock unit would include the following:

Gen II Garage Screen Wall w/ Sliding Windows
            Generator
            3rd AC
            Super Sofa
            Happi Jac sofa in the garage
            Rear Aluminum deck system
            Patio Chairs
            Exterior Entertainment Center

So the UVW on our website for the 351M is showing a total of 13,600 lbs. This would be based on the options listed above. I hope this helps answer your question!!!
            Megan thank you very much, that is exactly what I needed and will help immensely in the order I'll place the next couple days. Thanks again, David

Comment

Working...
            X