337 interior floor sagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 337 interior floor sagging

We’ve recently noticed the floor on the driver side under the refrigerator/stove side is sagging by almost 1”. This continues for about 5 to 6 feet or so. Not just under the slide rollers.

wh
    Rick & B
    2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4
    2019 Reflection 337RLS, 1000w solar, 400ah batteries, Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, GY Endurance tires, Truma water heater

That does not look good at all.

I think you need to inspect the triangle supports that are welded to the outside of the frame under the slide out. These may be bent or damaged and no longer support the outer edge of the floor.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Great idea, thanks Brian! I’ll keep you posted.
      Rick & B
      2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4
      2019 Reflection 337RLS, 1000w solar, 400ah batteries, Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, GY Endurance tires, Truma water heater

Comment

You might also want to stretch a string across the floor to see if the sag is in the center not only along the edge. Likewise stretch the string just in front of the slide looking for the sag.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Found no external bending or damage, although I didn’t remove the the thin black weather barrier material either. Really do want to do that at this point.
          Rick & B
          2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgwild View Post
            Found no external bending or damage, although I didn’t remove the the thin black weather barrier material either. Really do want to do that at this point.
            No need to remove that barrier. If the gusset supports are not bent downward or damage then I do not know what to suggest next. Take some pictures of those brackets directly under the slide and send those along with the previous ones in this thread to GD Customer Service and see if they have an idea of what the issue may be. Call first maybe and have your VIN handy.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'm curious if the center of the floor between the frame rails is sagging. If this is the case, the level will show HIGH at the slide. It's also hard to tell if the slide floor is straight from the angle of the picture.

OP, can you use a longer straight edge across the center of the floor to check for sagging in the center? If I am reading the markings on the level correctly, it appears to be about 18" in length (roughly 400mm) as I see 38 and 39 in the picture.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

The floor in this location on my early build 303 (similar layout to 337) has been “sagged” like this for years. Similar to the OP, the frame outriggers do not appear to be bent or out of place. This doesn’t seem to be getting any worse (across several years) so I am in the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” mode.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob, I am feeling you! Everything works fine and we just turned 50,000 miles on our rig. We are in our way to the National Rally so we poke around there as well. Glad to know you have similar issues with no major problems. Just being from a mechanical type career this isn’t normal.
                  Rick & B
                  2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4

Comment

I have this same issue on our 2021 337. I was looking at the gussets underneath and they don’t look bent or damaged in any way. But… There looks like a long space between gussets because the tires are right there and they would interfere with tire travel. Could I disconnect the two gussets on that side and install a piece of angle that would span between the two gussets to support that section of floor? Then button everything back up? Seems like it should work in my mind? Did you ever find a solution for this?

thanks.
                    Steve and Rose
                    Full time
                    2021 Reflection 337 RLS
                    2018 Ram Diesel 4x4 SRW SB
                    YouTube: Ramblin Reflections

Comment

Originally posted by RamblinReflections View Post
                      I have this same issue on our 2021 337. I was looking at the gussets underneath and they don’t look bent or damaged in any way. But… There looks like a long space between gussets because the tires are right there and they would interfere with tire travel. Could I disconnect the two gussets on that side and install a piece of angle that would span between the two gussets to support that section of floor? Then button everything back up? Seems like it should work in my mind? Did you ever find a solution for this?

thanks.
                      Cate&Rob -- I believe this new member is directing the question to you.

RamblinReflections -- welcome to the forum. Please check out the Welcome Letter linked off the home page to learn about best practices and creating a signature line.

Howard
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

RamblinReflections
                        The main floor between the island and the stove remains “humped” as it has been for many years. There is a lot of weight resting on the outer edge of this floor. The entire kitchen, pantry, fridge weight rides on rollers along this edge. Everything seems to be working together as it should. To try and straighten part of this floor area would run the risk of putting the rollers carrying this slide, out of alignment which could cause more serious problems. I’m still of the opinion that “if it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it”

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Ok thank you. We are heading to the National Rally this summer. I will try to pick one of the tech’s brains about this. If I learn anything new I will post back here.
                          Last edited by RamblinReflections; 04-21-2024, 07:18 AM.
                          Steve and Rose
                          Full time
                          2021 Reflection 337 RLS
                          2018 Ram Diesel 4x4 SRW SB
                          YouTube: Ramblin Reflections

Comment

Working...
                          X