Interior Slide Trim Repair - Reflection 220RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Slide Trim Repair - Reflection 220RK

On the Alaska trip just outside if Grand Prairie 43 is massively rough. So ruff that a condiment box bounced out of an upper cupboard (since moved) In the process a small bottle of hot sauce mad its way under the slice corner, I did not see it and in the process of opening the slide I managed to break the lower corner trim and separate the front floor edging.

So yesterday I decided to fix it. I used #6 x1"black oxide sheet metal screws that I got from ACE and some #6 SS 3/4 screws I had on hand - painted black. I needed the 1" screws due to the trim thickness.on one edge. The trim piece is only held on yi pin nails which when installed over half missed the wood. It was a simple matter of slowly prying off the trim. The the fun of removing the pin nales. Once done I measured and drilled holed in the trim with a counter sunk bit to help recess the screw heads.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1660s.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	117397 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1661s.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	117398
    Wit the trim piece removed the 2/4" OSB floor is exposed on the front edge. However the first thing I did was reglue the floor down (3M77 adheasive). You can see the loose cornor block that was broken free.

Name:	IMG_1662s.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	117399
    My slide has 5 of theses slide rollers. I needed to make sure the screws I used did not penetrate the floor

Name:	IMG_1664s.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	117400 Trim piece set in place with holes pre-drilled.. While holding it tight I pre-drilled the OSB floor to prevent splitting. I then put a dab of wood glue on each screw and sent them home, doing the front face first and then the top. Note the holes are slightly offset to prevent screw interference..

Name:	IMG_1666s.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	117401 Finished product. To hide the old pin nail holes and blend the screws In I used old fashion shoe polish (past kind). I blended dark brown and black and got a close match to the trim. I also touched up a few cabinet wear marks while I was at it. Think it came out OK - but don't look too close

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.
Working...
X