Window screen re-installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window screen re-installation

Some how on our final pack up before a travel day we left the forward emergency escape window not correctly latched. After a few miles down the road I saw the window flopping up and down. I was able to get the window to seal again, but there is no obvious method to lock the screen in place. Window has four small angular clips but nothing to clip it to.

did something blow out the window when the window came loose? Screen is not bent, just nothing to attach it to..

any ideas?

The screen is typically a friction fit of the four spring tabs (which are part of the screen frame) press fit inside the interior frame ring of the window.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Jnick View Post
      Some how on our final pack up before a travel day we left the forward emergency escape window not correctly latched. After a few miles down the road I saw the window flopping up and down. I was able to get the window to seal again, but there is no obvious method to lock the screen in place. Window has four small angular clips but nothing to clip it to.

did something blow out the window when the window came loose? Screen is not bent, just nothing to attach it to..

any ideas?
      What Rob said. And it is not easy getting the screen into those tabs. I usually have to have my wife inside holding the screen while i use pliers/screwdriver to get the tabs around the screen. It is a pain.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
      X