Storage area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage area

So after owning our 28G for 3 years I finally explored why we don't have much bass out of the sub woofer. I realized it was held in place with velcro. So by lifting it up and pushing it back it came loose. I was then able to adjust the bass on the side of the unit. What a difference in sound as the factory had it turned almost off. Then after pushing it all the way to the back I saw how much wasted room there was. So I finished off the 2 side walls in the enclosure using quarter inch birch plywood then painted both pieces and the bottom floor part. I mounted sub woofer so it won't slide around then found this neat picture on Amazon. Mounted picture on hinges with hardware to hold it shut like the rest of the cabinet doors. Bottom line is it doesn't affect sound even with the pic door closed and I now have a hidden place to put something out of the way. Very pleased with this mod!

Originally posted by Shaines1959 View Post
    So after owning our 28G for 3 years I finally explored why we don't have much bass out of the sub woofer. I realized it was held in place with velcro. So by lifting it up and pushing it back it came loose. I was then able to adjust the bass on the side of the unit. What a difference in sound as the factory had it turned almost off. Then after pushing it all the way to the back I saw how much wasted room there was. So I finished off the 2 side walls in the enclosure using quarter inch birch plywood then painted both pieces and the bottom floor part. I mounted sub woofer so it won't slide around then found this neat picture on Amazon. Mounted picture on hinges with hardware to hold it shut like the rest of the cabinet doors. Bottom line is it doesn't affect sound even with the pic door closed and I now have a hidden place to put something out of the way. Very pleased with this mod!
    Thank you for this! I’m going through the same issue on my 25G where I have to literally crank the radio to maximum to get any bass even with music that is 99.9% bass (for testing, I prefer rock lol). They did enable the remote control feature, so I have everything cranked using that via the PMX1 but it still seems like it’s at minimal.

My only question is how the devil did you get in there? I can’t find any panels or screws or anything to let me get in there to access the subwoofer?

Hoping I don’t have to take out the fridge for goodness sake‘s to get it this thing.

Thanks
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo") | Victron Multiplus | Lithium
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload​

Comment

Thorvald Note he states it was Velcroed in place.

QUOTE: "I realized it was held in place with velcro​"
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        Thorvald Note he states it was Velcroed in place.

QUOTE: "I realized it was held in place with velcro​"
        DOH! Thanks Joseph… I was not awake when reading that part. I was able to get it out, lots of Velcro there and as stated a TON of storage space back there.
        2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo") | Victron Multiplus | Lithium
        2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload​

Comment

Working...
        X