How to remove trim from above the door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove trim from above the door

I need to remove the round button on the soft trim above the entry door so that I can replace the simulated wood trim beside the door that has never been repaired properly so that I can get the whole piece out and the new one in. Before I damage the soft trim on top I hope that someone knows how to remove and put the button back in when I am done.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Attached Files
    Rob & Barb
    2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Hi Rob,

I have not removed those buttons, but have pulled similar ones to remove the bed headboard . . . they are likely the same. The button cover is fragile. Any tool will damage its edges. I worked them off in a spiral motion with just my fingers. There is a screw underneath. Getting the covers back on is even more work than getting them off.

Unfortunately . . . I didn’t take any pictures.

(another) Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Hi Rob,

I have not removed those buttons, but have pulled similar ones to remove the bed headboard . . . they are likely the same. The button cover is fragile. Any tool will damage its edges. I worked them off in a spiral motion with just my fingers. There is a screw underneath. Getting the covers back on is even more work than getting them off.

Unfortunately . . . I didn’t take any pictures.

(another) Rob
      Thanks Rob,

That makes sense. I guess they are similar to this then.

https://www.amazon.ca/Upholstery-But...319950171&th=1

Rob
      Rob & Barb
      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

I've removed those before. Rob's description is accurate. You might have luck with plastic trim removal tools to keep from damaging the cloth covering.

https://www.amazon.com/KINGLAKE-Pane...s%2C176&sr=8-6

I suggest "dulling" any sharp edges or points to minimize the potential for damage to the material.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          I've removed those before. Rob's description is accurate. You might have luck with plastic trim removal tools to keep from damaging the cloth covering.

https://www.amazon.com/KINGLAKE-Pane...s%2C176&sr=8-6

I suggest "dulling" any sharp edges or points to minimize the potential for damage to the material.
          Thanks Joseph,

I have some of those tools from some other work that I did. Thanks for the tip.

Rob
          Rob & Barb
          2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
          X