Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone installed US Cargo Control L track in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone installed US Cargo Control L track in the garage?

This is probably common to the travel trailers and the fifth wheels, but with the limited tie down points I am looking at how to install L track in the garage area. But it needs to be bolted from below so would require dropping the floor below the unit and the fuel tank and insulation will be in the way.

So curious if anyone has ever tried that? Honestly that would be an awesome factory option if they offered it similar to what you can get in ATC haulers.

Might try it myself once I get my 31G unit this weekend and see how hard it would be.​

For reference this is the L track system I am talking about:

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/colle...traps-hardware

Comment

I don't know anything about L-track, but I used E-Track on the enclosed trailer that we pulled with a Goldwing and bike trailer and loved it.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by bossman2024 View Post
        This is probably common to the travel trailers and the fifth wheels, but with the limited tie down points I am looking at how to install L track in the garage area. But it needs to be bolted from below so would require dropping the floor below the unit and the fuel tank and insulation will be in the way.

So curious if anyone has ever tried that? Honestly that would be an awesome factory option if they offered it similar to what you can get in ATC haulers.

Might try it myself once I get my 31G unit this weekend and see how hard it would be.​
        I've looked at it...but I was concerned with 2 things. First, it sticks above floor. I don't like that. The flanged airline L Track would be better in my opinion, but would require cutting grooves in a structural element which I don't like. Second, I would want to make sure the fasteners would be anchored into a support or frame or something, or install a metal plate or bar under to keep the fasteners from ripping out of the floor. when tightening the straps.....but I may be overthinking it a bit
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
        X