Recliner lost power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recliner lost power

2023 3100RD. The heat, massage, and lights stopped working on one of them. They are both plugged in. I noticed a white connector under one was unplugged. Don't know where to plug it back in. Also would like to know how to unbolt them so I can get to wiring.

Jsmoline

Moved your thread to the "Interior / Storage" channel.

There's screws that hold the theater seating to the floor. It will take getting down on the floor and looking underneath, gently probing with your fingers to find them. It might help to extend the leg supports so you have a better view underneath?

I thought I had pics of the underneath / back showing the wiring but I can't find them. I'll check back later and see if anyone else has posted -- if not I can snap a few pics and upload them.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you. Are the seats bolted from the top or underneath?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmoline View Post
        Thank you. Are the seats bolted from the top or underneath?
        You are looking for a few Robertson (square drive) screws through the lower seat frame rails from the top into the wooden slide floor below. These screws may be installed at an angle to make sure they don’t come through the underside of the slide floor.

Rob

Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you. I'll check out.

Comment

In case anyone else has encountered this problem, I was able to reach behind the recliner and cut the wire ties holding the wiring in place. Found two connections unplugged. Plugged them back in and got all my power back. Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

You are looking for a few Robertson (square drive) screws through the lower seat frame rails from the top into the wooden slide floor below. These screws may be installed at an angle to make sure they don’t come through the underside of the slide floor.

Rob
              Those screws holding the sofa in place are one of my disappointments with the build quality of our TT. Our second trip out our theatre seats broke loose from the angled screws holding it down and became disconnected from each other (they are three separate pieces) imho this method of securing the sofa is prone to failure and can lead to further damage from the loose screws and the sofa sliding around during transit. My fix was to remove the screws and bolt the sofa though the plywood using 1/4 in bolts and T-nuts. Now the sofa will not move and it is much more secure and stable when sitting and reclining. The total cost was less than 3$ and 10 minutes of time. We love the layout of our 200MK and for the money I expected a little more thought into the manufacturing process. Instead of sourcing screws of the proper length that won't penetrate the slide floor, Grand Design chose to install screws at an angle decreasing the shear strength and inviting failure. I initially thought that my sofa was installed with improper length screws by mistake but after seeing the above reply it seems to be standard practice.
              2024 Transcend 200MK
              2022 2500HD Duramax
              Lucy the wonderdog

Comment

Working...
              X