Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Flexible Shower Door Won't Retract

Hi,

I have a 2023 Imagine 2970RL. We have used the shower maybe 10x so far - this is our 2nd trip. The "curtain" of our shower door is a thin, white, flexible piece of plastic. We have had no issues "opening" the door - undo the latch on the one side and the plastic retracts into its housing on the door's other side - until now 🙄. It appears the last time I "closed" the door, I perhaps pulled it out too far as the plastic no longer retracts. No matter what I tried, I cannot get the door to retract onto its roller.

Has anyone experienced this issue? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks,

Jerry
    Jerry Huiskamp
    Trailer: 2023 Imagine 2970RL, Build Date: September 26, 2022
    Towing Vehicle: 2023 Tundra

The nautilus retractable shower door retract mechanism works like a roller window shade. It has an internal spring which may have separated or broken needing repair or replacement. You will have to disassemble it and see what's what or simply replace it. This is their website:

https://shop.stoett.com/product/nautilus-shower-door/
    2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

You may get lucky enough and using something that will not mess up the curtain, over rotate it slightly to see if there is an internal catch that is stopping it from retracting.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Hi
        i I found this for you .i might take my door and frame completely out and put a shower curtain in .

Just a quick update on the fix of the shower doornot retracting. Took it apart again, sent pics to Stoett, and talked to the tech. Went back out to the RV and took the non-retracting door out of the assembly case attached to the wall, leaving the two guides at the top and bottom of the handle end in the track still. I wound the showerdoor up best I could. Then, you take the bottom spring portion (white plastic rectangular piece) and wind that up about 13-14 times like you are trying to tighten the rolled up shower door. You can clearly feel the spring tension build up! Then I put the shower door back in the assembly, fitted the rectangular spring piece at the bottom of the assembly, then closed it up again. Doorretracts now better than when we purchased it 4 yrs ago!

Comment

Working...
        X