Solid counter top scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid counter top scratches

The counter top on the island as well as beside the cook top seems to be too soft for the job . After only a weeks use there are marks all over , another case of a product that looks good but performs poorly .

Originally posted by Eddy View Post
    The counter top on the island as well as beside the cook top seems to be too soft for the job . After only a weeks use there are marks all over , another case of a product that looks good but performs poorly .
    We have used our unit for2 years going on the third. We have a few small barely noticeable scratches on our island top , I think I did these while working on a mod , nothing too major though. Weight is an issue with any RV so this is a place to cut weight. I do think there may be a better product out there but it may not be in the RV manufactures area.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I am pretty sure standard laminate counter top would be better . The 1st scratches started when i set the sink covers (which is the same stuff) on the counter top then slid it aside with the rough side down . It left deep grooves , coffee cups and plates leave marks too. If I keep this 5th wheel there will be new counters installed . At least Corian can be buffed out after scratching .

Eddy .

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy View Post
        I am pretty sure standard laminate counter top would be better . The 1st scratches started when i set the sink covers (which is the same stuff) on the counter top then slid it aside with the rough side down . It left deep grooves , coffee cups and plates leave marks too. If I keep this 5th wheel there will be new counters installed . At least Corian can be buffed out after scratching .

Eddy .
        This material can also be buffed out after scratching. I have done it already with very good results.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
        X