Making TT more stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making TT more stable

Could find where else to post this, so we'll start here...
    We have a Reflection TT, 2018 315RLTS. Trying to figure out how to make it a bit more stable when parked. We understand there will be a little bit of rocking and flexing. It just seems that the front of the TT rocks quite a bit. And if you know the layout of this model, you also know the bedroom is in the front of this TT.

We are setup pretty level. The site itself is just slightly lower at the front end, so the front stabilizers are extended a bit more than the back stabilizers. We use an Anderson block for the front jack (seen in Pic1), and just those plastic pads under each stabilizer foot. We also have X-chocks between the tires on each side. Walking around the park, we have noticed some use stacked wood or other types of stacking pads under their stabilizers. We’re guessing that to help minimize the rocking, and realizing it won’t eliminate it, we would need to add additional stacking material under each stabilizer foot.

So, the questions:
    1-what is the optimal extension of the stabilizers?
    2-what type of stacking pads would be best to use?
    3-other suggestions, recommendations?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SM20190707_114909.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	1683
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SM20190707_114922.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	1684
    Lynette and Stephen Burgert
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2001 Ford Excursion 7.3L Diesel 4WD
    Full-Timers since April 2019

The shorter you extend jacks the better. Any stackable pads or wood blocks can be used. A friend of ours has said that this type of jack , that you have , is less stable than the scissor jacks he had on his previous TT.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We went with the steady fast system for our Reflection, that with X-chocks between the wheels helped and removed 90% of the shake.

http://www.steadyfast.com/?gclid=Cjw...xoCEWUQAvD_BwE
      Brady & Steph
      2019 Momentum 351m FBP
      2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
      *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
      *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

We went through/are going through the same as you in our 297RSTS. I use some wood blocking under the stabilizers. I use the X chocks, and I use four of the trailer jacks (stackable kind). I find this works pretty well, but since we stay for long periods, I end up tightening the stabilizers and jacks every now and then because they tend to loosen up. The next thing would be the “JT Strongarms”, but don’t know if I’ll end up doing that. I always pay attention to these threads to continue to learn.
        Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
        2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
        2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Working...
        X