Pendant Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pendant Lights

Are the bulbs replaceable in the pendant lights above the kitchen island? Mine appear to be one assembly and although the bulb appears to unscrew, upon doing so, the entire assembly begins to come apart and I believe I am twisting the connector wires based on the recoil I feel when I let go of the bulb.

Any help is appreciated.
    Brady & Steph
    2019 Momentum 351m FBP
    2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
    *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
    *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

I have searched this site about replacing the pendant lights above our kitchen island. This was the closest post I could find.

I unscrewed the base from the ceiling and the wires disappear into the ceiling. There were no connections that I could see. I was nervous to pull on the wire out of the ceiling for concern I would pull apart a connection where I can't access it.

My question is, can these fixtures be replaced, has anyone done this? I tried to remove the bulb but it appears to be one piece. Can't twist it. I wonder if the bulb pulls straight down? Again it wasn't easy and didn't want to force it.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark & Colleen
    2019 Solitude S Class ST3350 RL
    2017 F250 XLT Diesel w camper & snowplow package
    Full timing since July 2019

Comment

Hi Mark . . . haven’t heard from you for a while !

You are on the right track. The connections between the fixture and the trailer wiring should be in the valence box that the pendants are attached to. There should be screws around the sides of this box to remove the lower surface. Post a picture and we might be able to help with more details.

The pendants are assembled from the bottom up. So there is no way to change the globes without disassembling the whole pendant starting at the top.

The bulbs are likely a 1/4 turn counter clockwise but if they have been in the socket for a long time they may be corroded in place. Use a heavy leather glove when trying to remove these bulbs because they may break. Push up (towards the socket) as you twist the bulb. If it breaks, the base can be removed with needle nose pliers.

BTW . . . I replaced the globes and the bulbs, put kept the original pendants struts.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Rob, yes I know i haven't checked in here in a while. An amazing resource that I can always turn to.

Thanks very much for the info, very helpful! I'll have a look again and take pictures too if I have more questions.

Love how the RV lets us escape the frozen north!!

Mark
        Mark & Colleen
        2019 Solitude S Class ST3350 RL
        2017 F250 XLT Diesel w camper & snowplow package
        Full timing since July 2019

Comment

Working...
        X