Shower skylight bug trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower skylight bug trap

There is an internal piece of plastic where bugs get trapped and die, leaving a mess that cannot be cleaned. This is on a Reflection 337RLS. While this shield is somewhat flexible, the skylight frame would have to be unscrewed to allow for cleaning of this middle layer of the package. Concerned about water tightness after unscrewing and re-screwing of the interior frame. Anyone else having this issue?

KOAalum
    Welcome to our owners technical forum!

The inner plastic is held up by the inner frame. There are not likely any seals around this inner trim. Only the outer dome is bonded to the outside of the roof. The inner liner can be dropped for cleaning . . . we have done it a few times.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I took mine down and actually tapped around the wood truss/frame to keep everything out......works well. just used the foil tape i had from tapping up ac ducts
      2018 337RLS
      720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
      disc brakes, ems

Comment

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post
        I took mine down and actually tapped around the wood truss/frame to keep everything out......works well. just used the foil tape i had from tapping up ac ducts
        That's a good idea! Added to my "To Do" list.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X