Pass Thru Storage Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass Thru Storage Floor

I've seen a number of different treatments for the pass thru storage area in the Imagine line. Here's what I did. Cost of materials was $60 at Menards. It took two packages to complete the job. Work time was about ninety minutes, not including unpacking and reloading.
    Attached Files
    The Fraser Family
    Watertown, WI
    2020 GDRV Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.55 rear

Wow that looks great. I might have to steal this from ya.
    Brent, Krista, and our 6 year old nugget
    Cruising with two Black Labs, Lestat and Pandora
    2021 Ram 3500 Dually Long Bed 4X4 HO Cummins (Blue Sapphire)
    2021 Imagine 3110BH (The Dog House)

Comment

Is that stick down?
      Bill & Cindy
      2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
      SE Texas

Comment

Really nice job with that. I went the poor man's route and used really large pieces of cardboard to accomplish the same thing. I also did the bottom of my underbed storage and the floor under both the kitchen and bathroom sinks.

Charles and Susan
        2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
        Andersen Hitch
        2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
          Is that stick down?
          No, laid flat. After trimming the tabs off the edges, the assembled pieces were maybe 1/16" too wide, causing a very slight pucker that you might see in one of the photos. I decided it wasn't going to be worth the extra time it would take to shave the edges, and since it was warm in the building, I figured things were going to shrink enough to fit perfectly under most conditions.

Which brings me back to your question. Because these are going to expand and contract with temperature, you would definitely not want to glue them down.
          The Fraser Family
          Watertown, WI
          2020 GDRV Imagine 2800BH
          2017 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.55 rear

Comment

Originally posted by fraserfamily View Post

No, laid flat. After trimming the tabs off the edges, the assembled pieces were maybe 1/16" too wide, causing a very slight pucker that you might see in one of the photos. I decided it wasn't going to be worth the extra time it would take to shave the edges, and since it was warm in the building, I figured things were going to shrink enough to fit perfectly under most conditions.

Which brings me back to your question. Because these are going to expand and contract with temperature, you would definitely not want to glue them down.
            It's very nice and a great idea.
            Bill & Cindy
            2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
            SE Texas

Comment

Working...
            X