Grand Design Imagine 2970RL Solution to small dinette table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Design Imagine 2970RL Solution to small dinette table

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1603.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	28885Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1605.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.7 KB ID:	28881Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1606.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	28882Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1533.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	28884Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1538.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.5 KB ID:	28883
    solution to the small size of the dinette table and fitting in four adults. So we like our dinette when we first saw it but quickly realized trying to squeeze four adults around it left very little room. So the solution I came up with was to install a 12" drop leaf attached to the table. Pictures show the parts, purchased bracket from Amazon. The second issue now with a longer table the outside chair now tips since two of the legs are off the edge of the slide out flooring. Solution was to add and attach a six foot long four inch wide strip of wood about 5/8" thick to the edge of the slide out floor (used a piece of molding with tapered edge to prevent stubbed toes added a thin piece of plywood underneath to obtain correct thickness) used duck tape to attach to slide-out floor. Now all chairs level and plenty of room to meals and card games.
    Last edited by howson; 06-16-2021, 08:39 AM.

Kip Powrrs

Sorry I have to delete your post. If too many wives see this there will be many husbands with another item on there " I want that" list.

Very nice job and the trim board shim is a great idea. Thanks for posting.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Nicely done, Kip Powrrs ! I moved your post to the Interior channel so it will be more easily seen if someone wants to do a similar mod. Thanks for sharing.
      Andi
      Brookings SD
      2018 Reflection 337RLS
      2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

X3 Kip Powrrs - job well done all the way around ! Over the years, a number of folks have added a table leaf but I do not recall anyone addressing the floor slope....very nice !

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

What color stain did you use to match the table? We currently have a Imagine 2970RL and I am planning on replacing the dining table with a long narrow table as we don't need the additional room, and I am trying to match the color of the table as close to the existing chairs as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Scotty & Lela
          2020 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
          2021 Ford F-250 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab
          Scotty & Lela
          2020 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
          2021 Ford F-250 Lariat Diesel

Comment

civilengineer2189 Welcome to the Family and the forum!

Kip Powrrs Great job! I'm not as worried since we don't have a dinette.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
            X