Adding e track to garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding e track to garage

I'd like to add 3 strips of e track in our garage. 2 strips on each side and 1 strip down the middle. Should I remove the underbelly and bolt to the crossmembers or just put a ton of lag bolts into the wood floor? I would also like to put some e track on the walls for securing small stuff like chairs and folding tables. Does anyone have experience doing this? Will be hauling a golf cart and dirtbikes. Thanks.
    2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

Hi motocamper,

If I were hauling around a golf cart and dirt bikes, I would want to know that they were secured to tracks that were through bolted to the cross frames . . . rather than screwed to the OSB plywood floor. Dropping the coroplast is one of those things that sounds more intimidating that it turns out to be . . . particularly at the back end of the trailer. (A second set of hands to help put the coroplast back into place is a good idea). If you take a little bit of extra time to do it right (though bolted to the frames) you will be a lot more confident that everything is where you tied it down, after the inevitable panic braking event(s).

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yeah I don't feel good about using only wood screws. I saw posts on another forum about doing that. I will drop the underbelly.
      2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
      2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

Comment

I think this is a good idea and more reliable.
        Don't forget to post pictures. And also let us know what "else" you might find under there.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

When we bought our 21g the dealer,can am in Ontario dropped the tanks and installed plates for the chocks. Haven't moved at all. Make sure you bolt to the cross member or put in plates, loose bikes make a mess.

Comment

The coroplast doesn't go all the way to the rear so you'll only have to undo a few feet. Careful randomly poking holes since there are 2 fuel tanks that don't like drills. If you have never used the fuel tanks it might be possible to drop or lower one or both to get clear access to the underside and/or frame member.
            2007 Itasca Horizon w/2017 Wrangler "pusher toad"
            2015 Solitude 320X (sold) likely a 351M to take it's place
            2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4wd CC LB SRW
            2019 Harley Davidson Heritage 114 as the toy

Comment

Working...
            X