Collapsing bed rollers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collapsing bed rollers

In our 2021 Reflection 337RLS we found that the reading lights above the bed had quit working. To expose the wires I removed the plywood panel under the bed. When I repaired the wiring issue, I noticed that the 3 rollers on the bottom of the bed were all loose. In fact, they were more than loose. Two of them had collapsed and the 3rd was loose. The screws in the collapsed rollers were completely stripped out. The 3rd roller still had the 2 screws in, but they were both loose. One was already stripped so I was only able to tighten one. So, as I have seen on another post, I removed all the screws and tossed them. I bought 1/4 x 2 1/4" bolts and Nylock nuts, drilled out the holes and reattached the rollers. Now the rollers are properly installed, as they should have been when I bought this $50k 5th wheel. Of course this 2nd repair under the bed platform had now revealed another construction defect that I'll report on when I repair the detached panel on the bed frame side.
    Ricky & Tresa
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2007 Ford F350 SRW
    The Girls (cats) Gracie, Annie, & Gypsy

Originally posted by ATCRick View Post
    Of course this 2nd repair under the bed platform had now revealed another construction defect that I'll report on when I repair the detached panel on the bed frame side.
    Reports like this are disturbing, to say the least, but thank you for taking the time to post. What you found & fixed (and how) may (unfortunately) help someone else in the future.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X