Using leveling for tire changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using leveling for tire changes?

Is this possible or approved? I've seen a few rigs in campgrounds with a tire or two off of the ground due to the extreme slope of the site. I suspect the frames are designed to handle it with a 6 point system?
    2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

I think I have read that this was not approved. But like you I have seen this , and inadvertently done this myself. I only have the 4 point , you having the 6 point would definitely be more stable.
    I would use it cautiously if I had to and definitely would have the truck attached.
    As a side note I always try to get close to level from side to side before using auto level function.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Can't answer this for a full leveling system but this is not approved for the electric tongue jack.

Comment

I can't find anything official online either.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone! OK I am attaching the level up owners manual for you all. On page 3 it does specifically state that it is not designed to be used for changing tires. LCI and GDRV do not recommend allowing wheels to be lifted off the ground. If you have a wheel off the ground, you will want to manually level out, or calibrate! You can see any LCI manual on their website www.lci1.com and then go to support

Comment

Sorry. it will not allow be to upload the manual as it is too big. BUT i added the link instead! Let me know if it does not work!

Comment

Disregard that link... LCI changed their site and it won't allow it to link. UGH... SO i screen shot the page where it says that in the manual.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                X